NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tune your car with your iPad and iPhone...hhmm

FNBADAZ06

Im sure every street racing 16 year old will dabble with this. I see a lot of blown up engines in the future. "Gotta tune the NOS timing bro"

It's cool we can finally talk about it. It has been under wraps for a while...

http://vimeo.com/29322800

I'm assuming it won't communicate with any other blue tooth interface.....I also have my OBD-II wireless adapter I use with Rev.

I've heard that the SCT handheld tuners are just OK when it comes to tuning GM cars, but the ease and convienence of being able to switch tunes in your car with just you iPhone sounds VERY tempting...instead of keeping a laptop or handheld tuner in the car at all times.

What's your thoughts on this product, Parker ? I know it wouldn't be as powerful of a tool as HP Tuners.

I think it's nifty. $469.00 It allows some modifications of "safe" parameters. Idle RPM, max mph, etc. But it supposedly has a pretty accurate 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance tester. I have only seen it work on a Ford so far, but they tell me that it will work for GMs, too. GM has not been SCT's strong suit, they were so focused on the Ford market, but they are getting better, believe me. For me personally? I would get with someone who knows what they are doing and buy the HP Tuners or EFI Live interface and start learning.

I would get with someone who knows what they are doing and buy the HP Tuners or EFI Live interface and start learning.

:withstupid

I think it's nifty. $469.00

It allows some modifications of "safe" parameters. Idle RPM, max mph, etc. But it supposedly has a pretty accurate 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance tester.

I have only seen it work on a Ford so far, but they tell me that it will work for GMs, too. GM has not been SCT's strong suit, they were so focused on the Ford market, but they are getting better, believe me.

For me personally? I would get with someone who knows what they are doing and buy the HP Tuners or EFI Live interface and start learning.

Yeah, for $469 you're in HP Tuners territory anyways. I liked the idea of having a small portable device (iPhone) that is always with me that had a capability to swap tunes.

I wonder if HP Tuners will run on a Windows mobile smartphone platform ? :smilelol

it supposedly has a pretty accurate 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance tester.

Big dummy me would never attempt tuning unless Dave had a spare LS3 he was giving away, because I would screw mine up somehow.

But having the fun gadgets like 0-60, 1/4 mile, or even a fake dyno reading to watch is the draw for me...

Looks like a cool app, but like mentioned could mean huge issues when motors go boom and they take it in for warranty service. I have a SCT tuner for my Ford truck and use it for better gas mileage more than anything else. It works fine and I got another 3mpg :thumbs on my 5.4 and a little better performance.

Interesting, I just used my eBay Bucks to buy one of those Bluetooth Wireless OBD2 Connectors to play with just for fun. Seems like it might be turning into something even more fun at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got HP Tuner on a small 10" screen netbook. It works great. We tried the SCT tuning software on my old GTO and it was crap. I now have a $400 handheld in my garage that will be thrown away when I get around to it. Even though I have HP Tuner, I won't be touching the tune in my new 2011. Once the warranty is up I will, but that is years away. If you have an Android phone, check out an app called "Torque". You use a Bluetooth OBDII device and you can read all the parameters in your ECU on your screen. I monitor knock, IAT, timing, and a couple other things.

• 6 months later...

It's only for C6's, and yet they show a picture of a C5Z on their main page... Booo

Once they have it for C5, could probably make your money back just on going around turning off CAGS and lowering fan settings for cheap.