NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Alignment for the track where to get?/

Azmotorhead

Any recommended places to get an alignment for track days? Victor & SLammer do you guys set yours differently for the track than the street? I've got some Hoosier R6's to put on for a upcoming day at firebird.

i thought I read on LPM's website that they could set the alignment for whatever your preference is.

Any recommended places to get an alignment for track days?

Victor & SLammer do you guys set yours differently for the track than the street?

I've got some Hoosier R6's to put on for a upcoming day at firebird.

Phil, I don't run any specific track alignment yet and I pretty sure the same goes for SLAMMER.

You might want to check the big board's Autocross and Roadracing section for recommendations for a spec that will be good for both track and street use....the full track spec will eat your tires pretty quickly if you do any amount of street cruising.

Wow Phil! in for a penny in for a pound, Go big or go home! You don't mess around. Are you going right to the green group? When my car was in last week at LPM steve said he could balance my car out for better performance at the track. (This was weight adjustment) Although after having my end links replaced on the front sway bar and the back reset the car seems tighter now. The alignment I got done a a race shop after getting only 17,000 mile on my factory Gy run flats. The settings were pretty close and just needed tweaking a tiny bit. Like victor said if you go for track set up your see a great amount of wear for your street tires. I told the tec. to set the specs. in the middle between street and track use. It seems to be OK. However I don't know what the track alignment would be like. But IMO it is not worth the time or money to set the car up alignment wise for just track use unless it is only to be used for track use. After going to my Nito Invos I got over 37,000 miles on full set and still had another 5,000 to go on the fronts before needing to be replaced. So the alignment work for what I wanted to have corrected. I'll see YOU :yeah: at the track