Embedding & Editing Questions

VenomOnWheels

VenomOnWheels

I've got a couple of questions regarding posting in the forum:

• How do I embed media such as a You Tube video? All I see in the posted message is the text of the embed code.
  • Why am I blocked from editing my own post after 3 attempts? Will edit rights be restored after a waiting period?

Thanx,

Dale

VenomOnWheels

Thanks guys. That works (so much for the "insert link" or "insert media" functions. Enjoy

VenomOnWheels

I think I fixed your other post, have a look

Not exactly the video I intended, but I like it.

It sucks that you get to edit my posts, but I don't. Why does the system block me from editing or deleting my own posts?

It sucks that you get to edit my posts, but I don't. Why does the system block me from editing or deleting my own posts?

I'm part of the moderating team, I haz that magic access. I'm not sure, but your lack of editing access probably has something to do with your post count

Does the Viper forum let you edit your own posts?

VenomOnWheels

The only Viper forum I'm on, hosted by the Viper Club of America, does allow edits. I've figured out that so does the ACE forum, but only for a few minutes after the initial post is made. I'll just have to be careful and use the preview feature to debug.

Guest AZviperMike

Welcome to the Corvette forum! This forum has awesome people on it and a few tool bags! But i find this place to be like family and fun. I have owned 2 Z06 corvettes and recently got my first Viper!

The only Viper forum I'm on, hosted by the Viper Club of America, does allow edits. I've figured out that so does the ACE forum, but only for a few minutes after the initial post is made. I'll just have to be careful and use the preview feature to debug.

Hmmm....could be part of the flood control settings on the forum, just don't screw up! :smilelol

To insert media, use the little icon located over the text box that looks like this... Posted Image Then paste your video address and submit.

The edit function has a time limit, I think it's set at 5 minutes. We implemented it in the very beginning, we felt the ability to post something like a personal attack that could be edited out before it was caught by a mod or admin shouldn't be allowed to happen. After a couple of incidents we decided to stop the editing to prevent it from happening again. So far it has worked a few times.

It also keeps threads together, to many times someone would go back at a later time and edit or delete all there posts in thread basically rendering it almost useless to anyone else reading it afterwards..