NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My exciting Saturday Night

ChadC

Posted Image

Charlie got excited when he saw all the blue. He thought he'd converted you Cahd :lol

Sould have done both sides, now you got another 3 hours. :smilelol

meh..

I got all weekend and I had a nap this after noon.

Soooo, will all of this work be completed by the Laughlin run so we can see all of the mod's you have been doing? :pensativo:

Soooo, will all of this work be completed by the Laughlin run so we can see all of the mod's you have been doing? :pensativo:

for the most part yes.

im doing bills tomorrow and that will tell me how 'far' I can go this month.

Chad, why do all the taping of the lugs. Can't you just pull off the rotors and tape off the outer braking surface and paint all four with out having to cover your car? It is much easier to paint your calipers off the car or loosely hanging on the car. I used duplacolor paint I think I bought it at Kragen Autoparts. I cleaned with brake cleaner and painted two coats with a cheap foam pad brush. Then when the paint dries I used a fine metal file and lightly went over the corvette raised letters and removed the red paint. Then I used a artist brush and highlighted the raised corvette letters in Silver or black or even white paint looks good!

The brush cleaner and/or brake cleaner can get you a bit dizzy. It helps to pass the time :partydance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

for the most part yes.

im doing bills tomorrow and that will tell me how 'far' I can go this month.

:coool:

careful not to scratch the door, that jack is close....

It'll be fine, if it gets dinged Dwayne can bondo it............. :bolt:

Chad, why do all the taping of the lugs. Can't you just pull off the rotors and tape off the outer braking surface and paint all four with out having to cover your car?

The front roters can come off, but the back ones also have a spring loaded E brake inside the disk hat. Once they are out of aligment its a PITA to re adjust.

I ve done this before and taping the brakeing surface is a hassle.

im making a judgement call and painting the entire surface. Once I apply the brakes while driving all the "excess" paint will come off and Ill have a smooth round circle instead of a hexagon shape.

It is much easier to paint your calipers off the car or loosely hanging on the car.

If I take the calapers off then I have to bleed the entire brake system. Not fun alone.

not a soul on earth will know that the back side of my brake calapiers are not painted. Once the hats are dried, Ill remount the brackets and calapers with out the brake pads.

then Ill use aluminum foil to mask off the disk parts and Ill spray the calapers red.

Ill wait a few hours and use a razor blade to 'etch off' the Corvette letters.

I ve done this before and taping the brakeing surface is a hassle.

im making a judgement call and painting the entire surface. Once I apply the brakes while driving all the "excess" paint will come off and Ill have a smooth round circle instead of a hexagon shape.

I did similar but spent a little extra time with some sandpaper removing most of the paint on the rotor surface

I did similar but spent a little extra time with some sandpaper removing most of the paint on the rotor surface

good call :thumbs

lookin good, i did the same by leaving the calipers on, but i did remove the rotors and pads to make it easier.

Posted Image

then i took tweezers and put a couple layers of black over the letters.

Posted Image

Looking good dood, I need to getoffmyazz and do mine...

Ya, you can bondo the letters too, and make them as smooth as a golf ball in a vice..

The things people do just to make their car stand out. Just crazy! Posted ImagePosted Image

Like a turd in a punchbowl....

The things people do just to make their car stand out. Just crazy! Posted ImagePosted Image

haha ur the one to talk, sticker man :lol

I'm trying to figure out why you covered the car...?

If you had Chad's luck you would cover every fn ing, just saying.