NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

how to pick a short throw shifter

thevetteedge

ive been lookin on web for aftermkt shifters for my c5 6spd. does anyone have any experience w kosmo or rs shifters. both sell on ebay and claim their not chinese made. if anyone has guidance on how to pick a brand, or to stay away from those listed above please share w us. thanx toocraig

Not sure I would put an eBay shifter in my Vette but thats just me. I bought my B&M Shifter for like 45 shipped off the Vette forums, its decent piece but I have always pref'd Hurst personally. I don't like when a shifter feel's... the way almost every B&M I have run does I like really smooth but honestly it doesn't feel bad I'm just picky.

Bid on a used MGW about 2 weeks ago, but unfortunately didn't win. From what I've heard, the MGW is leaps and bounds better then any other shifter.

MGW all the way. Go to the big forum and see all of the positive comments regarding the MGW shifter. If you are interested, you can check mine out. IM me and we can meet up. Rob

The best thing you can do is find someone that has a shifter your interested and feel it yourself

^^^^^ Insert Sexual Jokes Here ^^^^^

It is the best advice though.

The best thing you can do is find someone that has a shifter your interested and feel it yourself

Posted Image

You could have just bought me flowers....

Your welcome to play with my shifter....

Why, thanks....but saving me a couple of license plates hardly implies ownership.... :toetap

:jester