anybody disassembled dash? center console?

Togo

i wan to install LEDs in my HVAC unit and my DIC like SPDKILZ over at CF did (his webpage with instructions is here http://www.spdkilz.com/techtip.html ) and he has tips on how to SOLDER bulbs with resistors in the dash, DIC, HVAC etc.

well, i want to do mine also, but i'm not soldering - i'm going to use actual LED bulbs from autolumination -

my main concern is that i can take stuff apart (usually with breaking something) i'm just not good at putting things back together - maybe we should have an LED party where a bunch of us could get together and swap our bulbs for LEDs in the cars?

i can do the easy stuff, like under dash ones, or the rear compartment ones, or possibly the mirror (courtesy) lights, but taking stuff apart like the instrument cluster, DIC and HVAC are a little above my skill level (at least for now)

anyone wanna take part in something like this?

Guest 71airstrike

Interior work im actually quite good at.

ResizeofIMG_0857.jpg

I just cant custom fab fiberglass and upholstery.

Id be glad to help this weekend. Lets pick a time and place or we could use my garage if you want.

cheers

chad

thanks for the "invite" chad, but i haven't ordered the bulbs yet, i just wanted to test the waters and see who had experience with disassembly of the dash.

according to the website spdkilz.com, he says the center console has to come off for the HVAC AND the DIC AND the instrument cluster - so it would be easiest if i got all pieces FIRST and then while we got the center apart, might as well go all the way to the cluster!!!!

Guest 71airstrike

I have no problem ripping apart the dash of almost any car.

I will be doing this mod also. That will be done during the interior phase, but I must finish the exterior phase first.

If you need help just give me a holler

chad

thanks chad - as soon as i figure out what color to do, i'll let you know!

i am getting 2 UV and 2 blue LEDs for the gauges on my pillar pod - and whichever looks cooler, i'll theme the rest of the car that way - probably gonna be blue though!

Dang Chad, that pic brings back memory's, I'm just glad it wasn't me that stuck the screwdriver through the brand new door panel while we were putting it back together..... :D