Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA...rookie's beware

FNBADAZ06

Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA

Posted Image

Hard to come by, I've had this beer at the Mellow Mushroom (in can form) and can say it's really tasty...and I'm not an IPA kind of guy.

Beware....at 10% ABV, this beer will clean your clock before you know what hit you....rookies need not apply. :drinkers

"Emphasizing that complexity of character can arise from simple elements, this ale is made with three malts and one hop. Its light amber color and slightly spicy malt character are derived from the use of German Dark Munich Malt and Rye Malt respectively. North American 2-row barley combines with the other grains to lay the foundation for the hop onslaught to come. Summit hops are used exclusively in the boil for bitterness, flavor and aroma but it doesn’t end there. Post-fermentation dry hopping allows the 10% ABV monstrosity to gently coax the citrus rind and grapefruit aroma to join the 100 IBUs already present. This beer should greet you with a pungent citrus blast, provide a spicy yet round middle and finish with a brisk, clean bitterness."

Hell Ya..I will try it..maybe this weekend..but at $5.00 a can it better be Damn Great. BTW..how was the food.

Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA

Posted Image

Hard to come by, I've had this beer at the Mellow Mushroom (in can form) and can say it's really tasty...and I'm not an IPA kind of guy.

Beware....at 10% ABV, this beer will clean your clock before you know what hit you....rookies need not apply. :drinkers

"Emphasizing that complexity of character can arise from simple elements, this ale is made with three malts and one hop. Its light amber color and slightly spicy malt character are derived from the use of German Dark Munich Malt and Rye Malt respectively. North American 2-row barley combines with the other grains to lay the foundation for the hop onslaught to come. Summit hops are used exclusively in the boil for bitterness, flavor and aroma but it doesn't end there. Post-fermentation dry hopping allows the 10% ABV monstrosity to gently coax the citrus rind and grapefruit aroma to join the 100 IBUs already present. This beer should greet you with a pungent citrus blast, provide a spicy yet round middle and finish with a brisk, clean bitterness."

Hell Ya..I will try it..maybe this weekend..but at $5.00 a can it better be Damn Great. BTW..how was the food.

Food is pretty good there as well, but can be a bit on the pricey side. 35+ beers on tap :thumbs

We hit this place quite a bit for Happy Hour M-F 3:00-6:00 .