NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Remember my addition to Don&Patty's LED post?

Togo

i sent the "owner" Chris Bacon over at autolumination.com an email last night looking for more information - and what happened????

the guy created a new page just for us! :eek

http://autolumination.com/corvette_forum.htm

i'm impressed - so much in fact, that i'm going to try and pull all my bulbs this weekend and get an order to him monday - as i will be replacing all interior bulbs with LEDs and my backup lights and license plate light with hiper white bulbs.

just wanted you all to see this, as i will try to go through the car and send him updates to all the part numbers he may be missing - and C4 owners - you may want to do the same - this would be pretty cool especially if the first of us could help create a "package" that included all interior bulbs.

i was totally shocked that he put up a page just for us!

Thanks Chris!

well i decided to place an order for a couple bulbs to get me started

i ordered 2 ea. UV LED for my gauges and Blue LED for my gauges (so i can test and see which i like better!)

also ordered 2x1157 hiperwhite for my backups and 1 94 hiperwhite for my license plate.

i plan on replacing EVERY BULB in that car with an LED sooner or later!

heck, spdkilz.com has a great write up on how to change LEDs in your HVAC - i think if there's a bulb in there, that it can be replaced with an LED in no time rather than soldering a bunch of stuff in!

so - here i go! :leaving

You can't go wrong changing the interior lights. The LED's make a big difference. Have changed the HVAC unit over to LED's and thinking about doing the radio next although it my be a PITA. You have to install LED taillights next. Easy to install and very bright.

P1010206.jpg

got my order yesterday (ordered 4 x model 74 LEd for my phantom gauges, 2 1157 hiperwhite for backups and 1 195 for license plate)

i'm really most excited about the gauge bulbs - as i ordered 2 blue and 2 ultraviolet so i will put one of each in the gauges as my test.

Mark, have you ordered backups yet?

if so, let me know when you plan on the install, if you don't mind, i'd like to roll over and watch/assist/point and laugh so i can prepare myself for mine!

well i'm already on my second order!

damn people at autometer screwed me and told me the wrong part number for gauges - the bulbs in the phantom gauges are actually a 194 bulb, so i ordered 2 194 (the correct number this time) and hope to have them installed by the end of the week!

i already have my before pictures - hope the after pictures do it justice!

chris' return policy seems good to me - i ordered the wrong ones - and he's just gonna let me send them back and then credit me when he receives them.

Mark - i asked him if the return policy on those flashing tail lights would be the same - hopefully they will - i'll keep you posted!