NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

brakes

supercharged88

supercharged88

my 88 brakes are just to small in my rims.. will c5 or c6 brakes caliper, rotor fit on a c4 without modification? or if i have to mod.. is it expensive to do.

It's very economical as a bigger-brake conversion (to C5) goes. You will need 17" wheels.... parts are plentiful, and teh C5 system is a very good OE brake. You will only need teh adapter brackets, other than parts you can pick up at just about any parts store. One thing you will probably want to do later is to change your master cylinder bias valve to your rear brakes. A very worthy swap! I've done it on both my C4 and Z28... :shifter:

supercharged88

i have c5 rims on my car.. 17s in front and 18s in rear.. so this will work... anyone got a link to parts or a clue where to buy everything? can i use stock brake lines.... i just bought custom made brake lines......

i have c5 rims on my car.. 17s in front and 18s in rear.. so this will work... anyone got a link to parts or a clue where to buy everything? can i use stock brake lines.... i just bought custom made brake lines......

click on the link in my first post. It has the parts list you will need.

Jerry

also is there a conversion kit for the c6 brakes for a c4?

You need to jump to at least an 18" to run them, and you need to make sure teh offset will clear them too.

supercharged88

ok one more question.. this kit he posted is only for front brakes.... i want front and rear. is there a kit for the rear as well?

ok one more question.. this kit he posted is only for front brakes.... i want front and rear. is there a kit for the rear as well?

There is no advantage in C5 over C4 calipers, so need to change them, they are both a 12" rotor.

I did the C5 front when I had my C4. I got lucky and found the whole front setup on Ebay from a guy in Goodyear. Worked great. Probably the best mod for the money I did.

If you wanted to do teh Baer Eradispeed +2's to fill up that 18" rear rim space, you could actually gain stopping power there, but I'm unsure if teh adapter they supply with teh rotors would be a simple bolt-on like on teh C5. You would still be using your caliper, just moving it outboard more to gain leverage. With this swap, you may even need to do an adjustable proportioning valve though, unlike teh simple bolt-on up front.

supercharged88

Im mainly wanting new brakes for the looks as the c4 caliper is hideous and small and i have rims u will be able tp see through so i would like to upgrade.

supercharged88

Im mainly wanting new brakes for the looks as the c4 caliper is hideous and small and i have rims u will be able tp see through so i would like to upgrade.