NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Exhaust Question

jmp

Hi Everyone, I was wondering does anyone run the SLP LOUD MOUTH II exhaust on their corvette. As I was originally looking for a B&B Bullet Exhaust system but I found a good deal on the SLP setup. So I was just wondering if anyone is using either of these systems and the pro’s and con’s of each. Thanks

Hmm...I'll take a shot. But I can't compare the systems directly on the same car. I had a WS6 T/A that had the SLP, and now have quadtip bullets on this vette, so fwiw they both sound great if you like it loud and a little obnoxious, especially to the neighbors. "Performance"-wise, I can't imagine there'd be a measurable difference between the two though. As I recall the SLP seemed to be manufactured a little more cheaply or less "robust" lets say, and the tips on the bullets are also way better looking imo. Plus B&B is a local company in north Phx if such things matter in your purchasing decisions.

Remember, exhaust "noise" can be one of the most 'personal' or subjective choices you can make, so I would recommend attending a vette gathering, check our Events section for dates & places, and ask to hear some peoples systems. Maybe take a ride or two or six before deciding what you wanna live with on a daily basis.

-Dean

:ACE:

I know badbobs95 put an SLP on his C5, last I remember he liked it. Of course Bob is in need of heavy sedation so who knows?

I know badbobs95 put an SLP on his C5, last I remember he liked it. Of course Bob is in need of heavy sedation so who knows?

In fact, I am administering Bob's shock therapy.

In fact, I am administering Bob's shock therapy.

How many volts is your Tazer? Might need to up the dosage.

Guest badbobs95

Ya,ya,ya! Goof balls! Yes it's true, I have the SLP Loudmouth on my 2000. I like it but the neighbors probably don't. What the hell, I think it's also the best looking exhaust because the tips are quite big (ooo-la-la) and they are close together. They don't have separation anxiety. Posted Image I have a blanket folded over four time in the back (covers the whole thing) that cuts the drone.I like to be annoying to others anyway. The sad part is, it sounds so good that I tend to wind it out a little bit between shifts which cuts into the MPGs! Posted Image Whatever Posted Image

I had the SLP Loudmouth. It was loud even with resonators (Granted my exhaust is headers to dynomax bullets to now Magnaflow Cat back with bypasses but even then it was loud). Neighbors hated me, I had no drone though. I like the Magnaflow but its a little quieter than I wanted oh well works out in the end.

Hi Everyone, THANK YOU ALL!!!!! For the great feedback on the exhaust question. Any recommendations on where to have an exhaust system installed? Thanks

Guest badbobs95

Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU ALL!!!!! For the great feedback on the exhaust question. Any recommendations on where to have an exhaust system installed? Thanks

Plenty of places in the valley but not sure about Tucson. Posted Image