NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

F/S Nash Metropolitan and Suzuki Sidekick 4dr

AZhitman

Will post pics later tonight. Metro is a '62, last year produced, very rare. Needs restoration but looks good from 10 feet away. All parts appear to be there, and the rare stainless pieces are intact and in nice shape. Cool car that will continue to go up in value. $3400 obo. Sidekick is 4wd 4-door, "mechanic's special", body straight and clean, needs radiator and starter (new starter included). Motor is good, interior not bad for 157K miles. Good mileage, great starter car. Priced to get out of the way. $350 and she's yours.

Quicksilver98

Can you send me some pics of the sidekick? Looking for a project vehicle for my 16 yr old son. He thinks he's going to learn to drive in dad's vet but he's got another thing coming! He can run into curbs in his own vehicle. Greg, Sent you a PM.

I know I'm sick but I love those silly Nashs lol. I would love to have that car....

T'would be a neat place to stow an LS motor.... :edward:

I know I'm sick but I love those silly Nashs lol. I would love to have that car....

T'would be a neat place to stow an LS motor.... :edward:

That is what I was thinking... but it wouldnt turn for squat... but it would be fun as hell in a straight line...LOL

I saw a black Metro last yr. at the Central Cruse. Had a Blown Rat in it Tubed 9" rear neat as hell. To look at I just wounder with that short WB how scarey it gets.

Guest racingchester

A friend of mine who belongs to The Over The Hill gang has one with a small block in it.....Yah goes straight ok but does"nt like turning...

• 3 weeks later...

Does the metro run.? pm me your phone number I have a friend who is interested

Honestly, I haven't even tried. I've got more projects than I'll finish in the next 10 years. The engine turns over by hand, is complete, and I know these early Austin engines pretty well (same as in my 60's Datsuns). They're bulletproof. PM'ed info. :)

Sean, you were going to buy your daughter a $300 dollar roller skate to drive around on the streets with??? You better talk to Ted about what happens when you mix a teen's driving ability with a sardine can.... Greg, got any pics of the sidekick, a friend of my dad in El Paso was asking about one not to long ago.

I mentioned it to her yesterday...she goes, "ewww, Suzuki??? I want American." :lol

Tell her the Valley Metro is American-made.

Dawg, I'll shoot some this weekend. It's nothing special. Here's a pic of an identical one, just for reference:

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...