NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The car has been dropped off at LPM. The fun begins tomorrow...

92ZR1Wannabe

92ZR1Wannabe

The exhaust has finally made it to their shop. Tomorrow the V is getting Kooks 1 7/8" full length headers, Corsa catbacks , new mid pipes, dyno tune, motor mounts blah blah blah.... To make a long story short I am very excited to see how it turns out and see what kind of numbers it makes when all the work is done. I will let everybody know on Friday evening (unless Steve posts numbers before that). Joe

The only suggestion I can make to you is make sure your headers are coated with some sort of heat sheild. IE Jethot etc. I put mine on and then found out how much hotter the engine and concel areas became. Do it right the first time and have no regrets!

Guest badbobs95

The exhaust has finally made it to their shop. Tomorrow the V is getting Kooks 1 7/8" full length headers, Corsa catbacks , new mid pipes, dyno tune, motor mounts blah blah blah....

To make a long story short I am very excited to see how it turns out and see what kind of numbers it makes when all the work is done. I will let everybody know on Friday evening (unless Steve posts numbers before that).

Joe

Oh! That baby's gonna sound gooood Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sweet! :thumbs

I'm guessing 360 rwhp/350 tq. :LolLol:

^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much hit it right on the head. The final number was 355 rwhp, Mike did say that he thought it had a little bit more in it but the temp (well over 100 deg) was killing it.

LPM did a great job on the work done. The exhaust sounds great, NicD's tune improved power and idle, and most importantly my destroyed motor mounts / and rear differential bushing are replaced and the car drives great (granted those things should not die with only 36k miles on the car).

I went with the Corsa catback because I loved the way it sounded on my 92 LT1 C4. Sounds great driving around, not too loud under part throttle however when you punch it the women and children head for the hills.

All in all a great experience and I look forward to bringing the car back for a cam swap (soon as the wifes done beating me for this round of mods).

:rockon2:

Sweet! :thumbs

I'm guessing 360 rwhp/350 tq. :LolLol:

^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much hit it right on the head. The final number was 355 rwhp, Mike did say that he thought it had a little bit more in it but the temp (well over 100 deg) was killing it.

LPM did a great job on the work done. The exhaust sounds great, NicD's tune improved power and idle, and most importantly my destroyed motor mounts / and rear differential bushing are replaced and the car drives great (granted those things should not die with only 36k miles on the car).

I went with the Corsa catback because I loved the way it sounded on my 92 LT1 C4. Sounds great driving around, not too loud under part throttle however when you punch it the women and children head for the hills.

All in all a great experience and I look forward to bringing the car back for a cam swap (soon as the wifes done beating me for this round of mods).

:rockon2:

Very nice numbers! I am thinking about putting a cat back on my C4. Currently its all stock, i sure would like to hear it rumble, kinda like my Harley! :rockon2:

Awesome! Did you get any stock numbers?

I sure didn't as I was pressed for time Tuesday when I dropped it off. Figured 355 would be a good baseline number to start from. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What else is on the motor

NicD Tune, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, no cats, corsa catback... nothing more.

Most stock LS6 CTS-V's dyno between 320-330 on a dynojet in good air (or so the internet tells me ;) )