OK, so Star Wars movies finally make it to Blu Ray

FNBADAZ06

All the Star Wars movie finally make it to a high def format and are available for purchase on Blu Ray disc on September 16, 2011.

For you movie buffs and collectors, are you going to purchase any of these movies again ?

How many different formats of these movies do you, or have you had, over the last three and a half decades since the first movie came out (1977) ?

I know I had a VHS copy at one time, back in the day.

I probably still have my THX version's on LaserDisc as well :smilelol

I'll probably wait it out until you can get it real cheap. I can't see my self rushing out to buy movies I've seen a dozen times already.

I'll probably wait it out until you can get it real cheap. I can't see my self rushing out to buy movies I've seen a dozen times already.

Usually, Fry's Electronics has new releases on sale for a good prices....usually better than many of the other retail shops and on-line sources.

But, do you plan to buy the high def versions in the future ?

But, do you plan to buy the high def versions in the future ?

Probably will in the future. When it's $15 for all three or something. Kind of a "I'll get it eventually" sort of thing.

Quicksilver98

I think I had the first 3 on VHS. Then bought the whole set on DVD. Dont think I will do the Blue Ray thing though. Just seen them too many times and don't believe its going to add that much watching in hi def. But like anyone else would do if a gonga deal comes along I may get them. I suppose 3D is next.......... :deadhorse

• 2 weeks later...

WOW !!! I must say they did a remarkable job in the restoration process on the three older movies :thumbs

I ended up buying the 9 disc set as it was on sale at Fry's Electronics and watched the first two movies over the weekend.

Color and image resolution is simply amazing, and the DTS-Master HD soundtrack is worthy of any surround sound system and sub woofer :partydance:

Watch this YouTube video of the opening scene in 1080P if you have the ability, to see an example of what it looks like as compared to the original DVD version.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIVNeHGr8Rk&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love these movies, but not like that. We do have episodes 1 -3 on DVD, but 5 - 6 are only on VHS. We don't even use them anymore. Hell Spike puts them on every month or so in some sort of marathon anyway. :lol Aside from that, I don't even have a BluRay player. :lol

I love these movies, but not like that. We do have episodes 1 -3 on DVD, but 5 - 6 are only on VHS. We don't even use them anymore. Hell Spike puts them on every month or so in some sort of marathon anyway. :lol

Aside from that, I don't even have a BluRay player. :lol

If you don't have a hi-def TV/Monitor there's no need for a blu ray player :lol

I've been an A/V fan/geek for almost as long as I've been a car buff :partygrnhat:

why do I have an urge to eat Beef jerkey?

and here is a MUST WATCH for any star wars fans

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MMAoOPa0Pg

That looked like a real Tom Servo... LOL!! I can't believe he fell into the hands of the empire.....

BTW, already got it!!!! Also got the new Star Trek(cleaned up) version looks brand new! If you havent seen it check it out!

Also got the new Star Trek(cleaned up) version looks brand new! If you havent seen it check it out!

here is a good StarTrek

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwpcUawjK0

BTW, already got it!!!! Also got the new Star Trek(cleaned up) version looks brand new! If you havent seen it check it out!

Yep....I've got them in both the HD-DVD and Blu Ray formats :smilelol

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, Governor Grand Moff Tarkin got ripped off. They try to explain so much in the movies but never address the reason he is in powere and why he can boss around Vader like a dirty dog instead of wasting time on a 45 minuter pod race......

• 2 weeks later...

Jorge Lucas!!!! You piss me off so bad!!! Watching "Empire Strikes Back" and it is sooooooooooo obvious that this is being set up for 3D..... Screw you George!!!! Damn it!! Now I'm going to get the 3D version.... Great, more of my hard earned money going to Jorge anyways..... Ok, I'm going to get another drink..... EDIT: Damn spelling... Strikes has two s's in it.....