changing bulbs in autometer phantom guages?

Togo

i don't like the incandescent light in my pillar gauges, and i don't have the money to get the ones that color change with the turn of a knob - so.......

i am pretty sure i can buy replacement bulbs with LEDs in them - does anyone know if the bulbs are replaceable? and by chance what number bulb? :D

i found a couple sources to buy LED bulb conversions from so i wanted to start there.

Mine do not light up at night.

I am not sure if I want them lit up at night. It would be too bright what are your thoughts?

Phil... :devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound
i don't like the incandescent light in my pillar gauges, and i don't have the money to get the ones that color change with the turn of a knob - so.......

i am pretty sure i can buy replacement bulbs with LEDs in them - does anyone know if the bulbs are replaceable? and by chance what number bulb? :D

i found a couple sources to buy LED bulb conversions from so i wanted to start there.

the bulb twists right out of the back... id snag it out and run to checker... with their huge selection of blue, yellow, orange etc I bet you can find something you like :)

Guest 1FASTC4

they make gauges that change color? sounds cool. i just bought pillar gauges... auto meter cobalt... after the fact I read where it claims the meters send a ...glow throughtout the interior.... not sure I want that.

Apologies for hijack.

mine currently have the incandescent bulbs in them - basically the factory bulbs when they are new.

i'd like to pull those and put an LED replacement in there - maybe a blue or red or something - they don't light up that bright now - i can't imagine an LED behind the white face would be much different - especially if it were blue! :D

thanks mike, it doesn't look like my pillar pod is fastened on - so it should be an easy remove - are there supposed to be screws in that pillar pod?

togo, pillar pods I've dealt with were either velcrod, double taped, or glued on.

oh crap!

well, i guess i'll have a look this weekend to see if i can get the pillar pods off

i sent a "Tech inquiry" to auto meter - hoping they'd send me the bulb number so i can order a couple of those - i hope they can help - it would suck to take the bulbs out and have to hunt around on my own for them!

well i found out that those gauges take a GE #86 bulb - so i'm off to hunt for them - i guess if the pod is double stick taped to the car, i'll redo it with velcro later!

thanks for all the assistance / input.

as soon as i get them, i'll post up a pic or 2!