NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Meziere electric water pump

Shifty

On a street car? My OE is beginning to chirp, and I really don't want a Chinese one....

On a street car? My OE is beginning to chirp, and I really don't want a Chinese one....

You sure it isn't the belt tensioner or the idler? They're pretty famous for that on the C5

You sure it isn't the belt tensioner or the idler? They're pretty famous for that on the C5

Nope, not certain, just poking at it right now. I pulled it out of my garage yesterday, only warming it up for about two minutes inside teh garage (with teh a/c on, of course), and backed it out so that I wouldn't wake up my daughter, and her sleep-over horde. I idled in teh driveway for a couple of minutes, and pulled out. I stopped when I saw teh puddle I left behind, and got out and felt/sniffed it. It didn not feel like coolant, but I really didn't think I ran long enough to leave a puddle from teh condensation from teh a/c drier, and certainly not that much. I still took it for a short run, keeping an eye on teh temp, which never went over 205 or so....when I got home, teh puddle had evaporated, which coolant doesn't do. :huh

So I'm just in teh planning stage, just in case... :confused

That's probably just condensation from the a/c evaporator and is perfectly normal. As Jim said, the noise is more likely coming from the idler or tensioner. We'd be happy to check it out for ya.

That would be awfully fast for condensation wouldn't it? It was 6:30 in teh am, and not even 75 yet...

I had one ... worked great. It flows more than a stock water pump till about 5k rpm, then the stocker flows more. If you spend most of your time below 5k rpm, then go for it. If you plan on doing ANY road racing, then put a mechanical one back on.

I had one ... worked great. It flows more than a stock water pump till about 5k rpm, then the stocker flows more.

If you spend most of your time below 5k rpm, then go for it.

If you plan on doing ANY road racing, then put a mechanical one back on.

This. Also Ive seen a few go out and they can leave you stranded. Factory water pumps are plenty efficient and more reliable.

I had one ... worked great. It flows more than a stock water pump till about 5k rpm, then the stocker flows more.

If you spend most of your time below 5k rpm, then go for it.

If you plan on doing ANY road racing, then put a mechanical one back on.

This. Also Ive seen a few go out and they can leave you stranded. Factory water pumps are plenty efficient and more reliable.

That is true, but also the opposite it true..

I have seen the belt break and the water pump allows you to gimp the car home

There are positives and negatives to both.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm for a thousand Alex...

Did you see that chicken? Wow! :willy

92ZR1Wannabe

I know alot of the LT1 / LT4 people love the Mesiere water pumps.... which is odd because a LT1/LT4 won't leave you on the side of the road due to a bad belt because they are mechanically driven water pumps. They may have been looking for a few extra HP... Anyway on the big CF the C4 guys love them.

I was actually about to start digging into teh feasability of one on my L98 car, when I decided to wrap it around that mesquite tree.... :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...