Battery Tender?

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Anybody use a Battery Tender or other maintenance battery charger? Looking to get one for my 82 as it is no longer a DD. I try to get her out and about weekly but don't always make it. I have an Optima Red Top.

Thanks!

:ACE:

I've got a few of these and they work well. Schumacher SC-200A. Works with both wet and gel-type batteries. At $18.88 from Sams Club it's the best deal in the land. It comes with 3 different terminations: alligator clips, ring terminal with quick disconnect, and cigarette lighter plug connectivity. I haven't had any go bad yet... http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod862837&navAction=push

More expensive, but i am very happy with my CTEK... i think it's worth the extra few bucks to get the more advanced circuitry.

Anybody use a Battery Tender

One of the best inventions ever! I run a couple multports and it has saved me a fortune in batteries. They're not cheap but there's a reason. As with most things, you get what you pay for. Over time, the tender is always chearper than the batteries it keeps alive.

I use a Schumacher as well .... 1.5 amp with float mode ... works good !!!

Bromley's Corvettes

I use Schumacher digitial that have 2amp and 10 and 15 and a volts and % read out. It also has a button for reguler batterys like lead acid and AMG and Gel like Opitimas. It works really well and shuts off when its 100% and kicks back on when it drop 5% so it can never over charge and wont let the battery get drianed more then 5%. They are only $50 from Auto Zone you can get smaller and cheaper ones but I like having the LED read outs and being able to fast charge if needed.