NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Here goes it...

Donbecker

Well we moved into our new house this weekend.

And I realized I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of.

I think it's time that I get rid of my Vette.

The main reason I got it originally was to have a car to cruise around in with the wife, and with all the stuff that I put her thru fixing the car up...it's kind of ruined that for her.

This will take us down to one car (a 98 Jeep Cherokee), at this point we're not sure if we will get a cheap car to get by or just go for the lotus.

Anyone that has seen my car know's I've done quite abit in the way of customizing it, so during the next week or so I'll probably be posting, asking for your opinions on what I should take off or leave on.

I want to have it ready to sell when I post the price and everything formally, so it may take around 2 weeks or so before I'm ready to put the ad up.

Once I post it, it will be priced to sell, so if you're interested, stay tuned.

BTW, if I show up for a 'vette cruise can I still run with y'all in this:

Sad to hear you are going to sell your Vette.

As for joining us on cruises, you are always welcome. Once a member of ACE always a member.

Phil... :devil

Sad to hear you are going to sell your Vette.

As for joining us on cruises, you are always welcome. Once a member of ACE always a member.

Phil... :devil

besides - once a corvette owner, always a corvette owner - stick around - i bet you buy another one in the near future! :yesnod

I hope eveything went well with your purchase and good luck on the sale of the vette....

Guest XLR8TNC5

Tell you what Don, you can sell your Vette and get the Elise, but you have to promise to let me take her for a spin if you bring it on a cruise. I will let you drive my C5, no worries. lol. Seriously, I want at least a ride, as I have been trying to save $50G's to go get myself one of those Lotus Elises. I am VERY in love with that car!

Tanya

P.S. I wish you and Liz the best most definitely!

That does not look like a vette.

Chad

It's a vette with Alien DNA mixed in. :eek Robert :burnout

I like the Lotus... but did not like that they use a Toyota motor to power it.. And I sat in one... I dont fit.... :banghead

Heh, you guys/gals can definately give it a spin.

I'm actually going for the exige though. The 0-60 time is like a tenth of a second less but the downforce compared to the elise is way, way better.

The tranny and engine is (from what I heard) the same used in the Celica GT racecars before they quit running them.

I'm not big on ricer-type stuff either, but the positive is that I can get all that fixed here (not to mention parts).

The elise (the exige is based off the elise) came out in the UK (where they are made) in 2000, and they use rotary engines in them over there.

Here is a post from another corvette forum I go to, thought I'd share it with you folks since it seemed relevant:

Thanks for the kind words guys.

First, as you know, I've done alot of stuff that took the car from stock. I currently am running fuel injection from an 86 Vette on it, etc etc.

So I think that most of the 'vette market for a 76 like mine would want all that off.

But I really don't want to take it off. It's not that big of a deal to do (I still have the original intake and carb), I just don't have the time to do it.

So here's the deal.

10k walks with it. All I'm looking for is 10k.

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to setup my home computer, then I'll post a list of everything that has been replaced/done to the car. It's pretty long, don't have the time at work..

BTW, I'm in Phoenix AZ, if you need it delivered somewhere I can help with that, potentially even drive it...we can work something out.

I also have literally hundreds of photos from the stuff done to the car as well.

Desertdawg

I've never seen your vette in person, but from the pictures I'm sure you can get more then that unless your just dying to get rid of it fast...

Sure wish I had 10K, it would be sold already.... :banghead