Problem with some threads?

Grape Ape

This is what I get when trying to get to some threads. Some have more then 1 page but some don't. Is it a problem on my end? Maybe need to upgrade the old puter? "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1056675 bytes) in /home/arizzun3/public_html/arizonavette/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 666"

Let me know if it still does it, I did a repair on the database just now but I'm not sure that it was the problem...

Marana Rich

I think it is memory upgrade or computer upgrade. What are you running, an XT?

I did upgrade a few years ago. Got the "ME" latest edition. ( Mark's Edition) Thought that was the latest and greatest. :cfdeadagain No, not really. I have a computer that is pretty old though. Probably about 7-8 years old. It's running XP service pack 1 or 2. Not sure. Haven't tried my other computer that I built about 4 years ago. I usually only use that for my video editing and this one for the internet things. I will try it and see what happens.

Ok, just tried it on the computer that I built. Has 4 gig ram and overclocked 3.0 processor with 1 terabit hard drive. Should be well within the the limits to run the site. Have a problem it seems only with Ted's detailing thread in the ACE Deals section. Don't know what's up with this?

Just figured something else out. It's not just Ted's thread. It seems to happen to some that have more then one page. Not all but some of them. Single page threads are ok. Get the same error message as above.

Ummmmmm..... I know the answer to this problem, seen it before. I just can't recall right now what the solution is... I'll get back to ya as soon as my brain remembers.

Don't know if this will joggle your memory or not but this is how I got into Ted's thread. Had to log out, go to ACE Deals, click on his thread, go to page 2 and then log back in. Wouldn't work on page one. But it finally let me in that way. Still won't work though if I log in and try to get into it.

It just happened here at work too. So I know it's not my computer anyway. I did get to stay logged in though but had to click on the second page, but it worked.

Now that's weird. I've used two different computers and my phone...no issues with what you're talking about. Now I do get hang-ups quite a bit here and there.

What version of Internet Explorer are you running? I installed 9 a couple months back and all hell broke loose trying to use the forum, went back to 8 and everything was normal

I'm running firefox 5.0. Haven't used explorer for a few years now. Not sure what work uses but I think it's explorer. This really isn't a big deal for me. Just wanted to post this to see if anyone else was having this same issue? There are back doors that I can use to access the problem theads it seems.

I'm running Firefox 5.0 also and see no problems. I've also tried IE 8.something and 9 with no problems... Since you can make it happen at will let's try a few things. Go to "Tools" and then "options" Go to the content tab and un-check "load images automatically Try loading Ted's page 2 thread to see if it still crashes, yes no ??? then go re-check the image option Now in the same window go to the advanced tab, and clear your cache, try the thread again and post the results...

Just checked and it seems to be the same. When logged in I can access second page but not the title or first page. Tried it with IE as well and it does the same thing. When I cleared the cache it worked fine because I was logged out then. Unchecking the image box in the settings didn't make any difference. Maybe it has something to do with my user name? :smilelol It's really not a big deal as I can access everything but just in a different way on some things. It's all good man....

Now that we are on a new server, let me know if it's still a problem... :lol still thinking about this, I'll let you know what else I can figure out.

Ok, I just edited the php.ini file to increase the "Resource Limits" Let's see if that helps!

Marana Rich

I got a "server unavailable" for a while last night. It said something about refreshing, etc. I just went to the main page instead, and it came up alright, then when I clicked on the forums page it went there okay too, and no problems after that. ??

I got a "server unavailable" for a while last night. It said something about refreshing, etc. I just went to the main page instead, and it came up alright, then when I clicked on the forums page it went there okay too, and no problems after that.

??

See the Announcement at the top of each forum for the answer. :) Should be done now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just edited the php.ini file to increase the "Resource Limits"

I'm pretty sure this was the answer to the problem, now if I can just get rid of the other little annoying glitches since the move!