NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Easiest "go fast" Mod ever!

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

So, I was pretty bummed out that my car didn't pull as hard in 1st gear as I thought it should. An LT4 with 3.42 gears behind a 6 speed should MOVE in first gear. So, I finally tried ripping through the gears yesterday without the ASR on and WOW, I can't believe it made that big of a difference. Pushing that button made me feel like I'd actually done some big "go-fast" mod. The traction control on my 97 T/A didn't make much of a difference at all until you hit around 5k rpms, but for some reason the one on my CE really seems to hold the car back from the get go. Now, I finally understand why I always wanted an LT4. :D

Guest intmd8r

:party

I haven't yet played with mine after turning it off, we might have to take a drive sometime today... whistle.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

I didn't know the C4's had that option on them. Cool! :thumbs Um, yeah, Angie, turn that crap off and have some fun woman! The first thing I do when I get in my car is tur all that stuff off. :D

Tanya

ya'all are braver than me! i only put mine in competition mode when i'm at the track - other than that, it's ALWAYS on - that 500HP is pretty scary, so while i'm still in my learning phase, i appreciate all the help i can get

I never roll without TC. At a minimum I'm on comp mode. Comp lets the wheels spin without bogging the car down.