• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave64

• Border Vette

• P51tj

• TheCMSH

Azmotorhead

Dave noticed in the under car shot of the rear diff. the fwd bolts are not tight. Make sure before you torque those, that the bolts are the correct length. Many replacement bolts are too long and cause the bolt to break the case when torqued. Resulting in a leak that wont quit

Yeah. They were torqued after I got the full weight of the car on the suspension. Thanks for the observation. It could have saved some serious problems... Dave

Dave noticed in the under car shot of the rear diff. the fwd bolts are not tight. Make sure before you torque those, that the bolts are the correct length.

Many replacement bolts are too long and cause the bolt to break the case when torqued. Resulting in a leak that wont quit

Great eye, and to think he is a SWA mechanic!!! Nice!

Dave, I just returned from the paint shop and thought I would give you a status and preview of the work being done. Underneath the hood and rear deck lid was painted last week and the hood and body was painted over the week end. The doors and top of the deck lid will be painted this afternoon and the remaining pieces over the weekend. It is really looking good, can't wait until it is finished and everything is re-assembled, so I can move it to a place where I can finish it up. Maybe it will be cool enough to enjoy it once that happens. :yesnod:yesnod Hopefully the picture will be displayed, if not, I would appreciate some assistance from Admin. post-648-052056000 1313004456.jpg post-648-070076300 1313003775.jpg

She's look'n beautiful, Vic. Once you get her home, the real work starts (and the expensive part, that is). Try your best to keep that "project creep" from getting to you. Keep the pictures flowing, I love to watch other's pain, or rather I mean project progress... Dave

Last Tuesday, while the guy, whose shop where I'm working on my cay, was transporting my car from alignment shop back to his, he hit a bump that caused the nose emblem to come dislodged from the nose and bounce back, across the hood and come to rest above the windshield wipers. He never secured it to the car. Now, it's back in the paint shop waiting to be repaired. The painter will do his final buffing after the repairs. IT NEVER ENDS! :banghead Except for that, we're playing with the A/C to get it cooling right and a few other minor punch-list items.

I did drive it on Wednesday, scratches and all, for the first time in 16 years. I definitely had wood.

I'm still planning on driving it to the Prescott show in September.

...for the first time in 16 years. I definitely had wood.

Mods. Can we get this guy a tagline PLEASE? He keeps asking for it. :smilelol

...for the first time in 16 years. I definitely had wood.

Mods. Can we get this guy a tagline PLEASE? He keeps asking for it. :smilelol

What??????

Sorry to hear of the emblem and paint issues Dave. Looking forward to seeing this ride!

Dave, I know what you mean. I started fighting a problem with lifter noise just before I started the Paint job. I tried flushing the engine with tranny fluid before I gave it to the Body Shop. Thought I had it fixed, but while at the body shop it started making noise again. I changed the lifters in between the body shop and paint shop, but while at the paint shop, it has started making lifter noise again. As soon as it is put back together, I plan to flush the engine with CRC Engine Flush. The machinest that built the engine, believes either a cam bearing is causing the problem or since I do not drive the car enough, some of the oil gallies are clogged and the CRC is the only thing to solve that issue. I have my fingers crossed the CRC resolves the issue. Don't want to think about taking the engine apart. I am running 80+ psi cold oil pressure (20W-50W) but having troubles pumping up the #2 lifters. It took too much time to pump up the NEW lifter and I noticed it is just not getting good oil flow to most of the lifter. Most of the people I talk with just throw up their hands. It just does not make sense to have good oil pressure but poor oil flow. Noise goes away after the oil gets hot. Hopefully when I have it 100% of the time I can solve the issue.

Bromley's Corvettes

One of the allen pipe plugs in the front of the block could be missing. It would make good oil presser but bleed off so the cam and lifters are not getting much flow. With 80p.s.i if you take a valve cover off oil should be spraying off the rockers. Running stright 30wt Rotella will help it has zinc and lots of good additives in it. Plugging the by pass in the oil filter adaptor will help a little. You will have to take the timing chain off to see behind there if the plugs are missing. At that point you might as well change cam and look at the bearings.

• 4 weeks later...

She is 99% complete. Bringing her home Monday! :banannarainbow: I've been having issues with the temp gauge, but it seems to have straightened-out. Still have an issue with the paint, but will get that taken care of in a couple weeks. For now, I'm very, very happy. I'll put some miles on her this week so I feel comfortable enough to get to Prescott next week.

I'm looking for a 1964 Arizona license plate, in case anyone has a source. I've not had luck on the internet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image