Some Early-On Pics of the '64

Dave64

I don't know any other way other than to edit and add pictures to the end of this thread here. If there's a way to do it right, please let me know.

I added a couple pictures today August 2nd:

I'm going to use this thread to try to document progress on the '64. While Total Performance Restoration in Mesa has done work beyond my capabilities and Elite Paint did the paint job, I can honestly claim I've built 90% of her myself.

I'm not much on documenting work in progress, but have gotten some shots as the '64 has undergone her restification. I've been saying "next month" for months now, but she's getting there. She goes to alignment shop this week, as soon as the seats and hardtop are put on so the weight is close. The detail stuff is killing me. I can only get to the shop once a week, so it's slow going. As soon as I finish all the small stuff, she goes back to paint shop for some touch-ups and final buffing. The Daytona Blue is beautiful. I've registered her in the Prescott show in September and we'll be there if I have to take her on a trailer.

The day I took her to the shop.

Posted Image

I was scared @#*^less when we lifted the body

Posted Image

Posted Image

She needs a nose job.

Posted Image

Front suspension

Posted Image

Rear suspension

Posted Image

Posted Image

The frame's all done and ready to break-in the engine

Posted Image

Needs a lot of work

Posted Image

The instrument cluster after I restored it, one can see the new VintageAir unit under the dash

Posted Image

Original assembly-line job number

Posted Image

Engine compartment is coming together

Posted Image

I did this for the 'numbers-matching' experts when they check to see if it's the correct engine

Posted Image

The 2 1/2 " exhaust system

Posted Image

Off to alignment shop & A/C charge

Posted Image

Did some more work on her this week. Got the seats, seat belts, console, and soft-top frame done. Everything I do is a fight now. The small work just won't get done easily. The soft-top is being done tonight and tomorrow.

A couple of shots of the interior. Kick panels are all that are left to complete the interior

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/majordad23/IMG_0972.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/majordad23/IMG_0973.jpg

One of the guys helping me install soft top seals

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/majordad23/IMG_0971.jpg

Couple shots of engine compartment. Just a few small detail things to be done here

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/majordad23/IMG_0969.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/majordad23/IMG_0968.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave64

• Border Vette

• P51tj

• TheCMSH

Desertdawg

Just damn nice !!! Did you beef up the suspension with aftermarket goodies?

Did you beef up the suspension with aftermarket goodies?

Awesome Dave, I knew you could handle the pictures! :thumbs I hereby suggest Dave's tagline read "Eat me!" :smilelol

Dave, I did not know I was letting you get ahead of me. Mine went to the body shop the end of April. The paint was stripped and then we proceeded to repair all the fiberglass damage that has been inflected over the 45 years of its life. It spent 8 weeks in the body shop. I delivered it to the paint shop this morning. Attached is a picture of what it looks like now. The only way I could find to beat the system, was to substitute the Avatar with the picture. Before anyone gets on my case I have never done it and I know I have to move the pictures to photobucket and then add them to the file. Maybe when I post more picture of the before and after I will find out how to do that. Right now just looking for a short cut.

Marana Rich

Dave, I did not know I was letting you get ahead of me. Mine went to the body shop the end of April. The paint was stripped and then we proceeded to repair all the fiberglass damage that has been inflected over the 45 years of its life. It spent 8 weeks in the body shop. I delivered it to the paint shop this morning. Attached is a picture of what it looks like now.

The only way I could find to beat the system, was to substitute the Avatar with the picture.

Before anyone gets on my case I have never done it and I know I have to move the pictures to photobucket and then add them to the file. Maybe when I post more picture of the before and after I will find out how to do that. Right now just looking for a short cut.

There is a size limit for each picture if you are going to attach it, you have to shrink it. Or email it to me or someone else to paste it for you.

Photobucket or any of those commercial storage sites is the way to go tho.

Dave, I did not know I was letting you get ahead of me. Mine went to the body shop the end of April. The paint was stripped and then we proceeded to repair all the fiberglass damage that has been inflected over the 45 years of its life. It spent 8 weeks in the body shop. I delivered it to the paint shop this morning. Attached is a picture of what it looks like now.

The only way I could find to beat the system, was to substitute the Avatar with the picture.

Before anyone gets on my case I have never done it and I know I have to move the pictures to photobucket and then add them to the file. Maybe when I post more picture of the before and after I will find out how to do that. Right now just looking for a short cut.

Vic,

Now the real fun starts. Finding all those pieces you put in special places so you wouldn't forget where they're at. Cleaning, stripping, painting, coating and reassembling. It takes forever. Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel just keeps staying a long ways off. What color did you go back with? Keep the pics coming. It's fun watching someone else's project come together.

Dave

Dave I have been taking pictures but the body shop that has done all the fiberglass work has been taking pictures and will give me a copy of them on a CD after they have reinstalled the doors, deck lid, and hood. So pictures should not be a problem. I have had major work done. The car was stripped by media blasting, I replaced the rear quarter panels with panels that are 1.5 inches wider to get rid of the flares and keep the tire clearance when that big block drops the rearend, repaired the right front corner that had been hit, and aligned the gaps on all openings. The car will be painted Mosport green which was only available in 1966 and there were only 4311 painted that color. I disassembled the car before giving it to the body shop and will reassemble it once the they reinstalls the doors and hood. The paint will take about a month and the reassembly will take awhile also, so I hope to have it back together by the fall. It will be nice to have it all done and back together. I am sure you know what I mean.

Very nice auto-mobile to rework .. lookin forward to leavin eye-prints all over it :) -Frank

Here's a video of the car being brought from the alignment shop. This is from my phone, so it's not very good:

Posted Image