For Sale section rules discussion

MOTV8

Desertdawg

Eddie, I just started forwarding some of the emails to Ted, it's not like its an everyday occurrence but the requests for this, or password help, display name change, email, or whatever do pop up a couple times a month, lately it's been like the one I posted about Jim's sig pic, or other opinions about ACE that people don't like. The members I bumped in the past to allow them to sale something had legitimate personal corvettes for sale, the last one was the kid trying to sell his deceased fathers C6.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ted Y

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• MOTV8

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem! I expressed my .02 worth. As I said, it's just one more section of the forum that I can ignore because you guys have got it under control. I personally don't need the aggravation.

No problem! I expressed my .02 worth. As I said, it's just one more section of the forum that I can ignore because you guys have got it under control. I personally don't need the aggravation.

I'm just gonna ignore that. :)

I'll throw in an opinion if I may. Selling something seems to be the problem area, but I can't see restricting a member from placing a wanted ad because of a post limitation. Turning away a new/prospective member who has needs is not good support for the Corvette community we represent. If I had to go in and say hi to the guys at Autozone 25 times before I was allowed to buy something, I'd never venture in at all.

Frankly I think the 25 post should be removed, lets just stay on top of the spammers and pros. If we do away with the 25 as others have said, then no 25 useless post to piss ya off! If someone post something for sell and you don't want to buy, then just keep on truckin!

• 4 weeks later...

As an avid Corvette enthusiast I cannot figure out why restrictions are in place to stop a fellow vette owner from adding to the site I was in need of pqarts for my 07 vert and had to get them elsewhere since I could not post an add. This is not the way to bring in new members

As an avid Corvette enthusiast I cannot figure out why restrictions are in place to stop a fellow vette owner from adding to the site I was in need of pqarts for my 07 vert and had to get them elsewhere since I could not post an add. This is not the way to bring in new members

It's done to stop spammers from flooding our board selling their wares.

If you are looking for something and don't have the required posts it's easy enough for one of the mods to open up a thread for you. We generally just won't do it if you're selling something.

Let's see, you join ACE in April and the first post in Aug is questioning our rules..... enough said???

Well, your best option would be to become more involved with ACE and find 24 more interesting things to say or add.

Border Vette

I agree with the rules. I am a short timer here myself, I have nothing to sell as I just bought my first corvette. I also do not want to see this sight flooded with "ads" from anyone signing up just to sell something. If anyone wants to sell they can just follow the rules. Its not a big deal. Jerry

Phill's Vette

I would also say don't change the 25 post rule! I've been around here for a while and this rule has done its job - keeping the dealers, spammers and non-club interested people away! Wouldn't bypassing this cause a flood of so-called New Members with"For Sale" items AND generate a marked traffic increase from search engines like Google?? Then you'll have "New Members" from all over the world trying to sell stuff here, defeating the original purpose this forum/club was established... This isn't ACEbay! That's my .299 cents. :ACE:

I'm one of those "25 useless posts" guys, who posted stuff like "fine", " :smilelol ", " :thumbs ", etc. just to be able to access that forum. It sure seemed like that was the appropriate method, because that was what many members did. If there was a three word minimum required for a posting, there surely wouldn't be many members with high post counts. Just my $.02

I'm one of those "25 useless posts" guys, who posted stuff like "fine", " :smilelol ", " :thumbs ", etc. just to be able to access that forum.

It sure seemed like that was the appropriate method, because that was what many members did. If there was a three word minimum required for a posting, there surely wouldn't be many members with high post counts.

Just my $.02

Nice

I'm one of those "25 useless posts" guys, who posted stuff like "fine", " :smilelol ", " :thumbs ", etc. just to be able to access that forum.

It sure seemed like that was the appropriate method, because that was what many members did. If there was a three word minimum required for a posting, there surely wouldn't be many members with high post counts.

Just my $.02

Nice

:thumbs

Just my $.02

Nice

:smilelol

Just my $.02

Nice

Just my $.02

Nice

etc

Just my $.02

Nice

etc

Just my $.02

Nice

etc

ditto

You only need 25 post to start a new thread in either of the for sale sections.

Members (including zero post members) can read and reply there.

Non-members (Guests) can read those sections.

Bromley's Corvettes

Its not hard to get 25 posts just say hi and welcome all new members and maybe talk about your vette.