More Photoshop help please

Shifty

I'm considering powder-coating teh thinspokes I just bought (via Yuma Rich), but I'm not really sure how they would look. I'm thinking about a gunmetal or medium charcoal metallic, or black...I can't decide. Anyone want to take a shot at convincing me?

Posted Image

Thanks ahead of time!

Shifter, are you gonna have teh whole rim, or just teh centers, or just the reliefs powdercoated?

Like this?

Posted Image

I was considering paint-matching teh center caps to teh powder-coat, and intended to do teh whole wheel....I'm also beginning to think about just painting teh wheel a Cyber Grey, and avoiding teh matching hassle....

Here's grey, if I try to make it darker it just fades into black and looses all the detail so your going to just have to picture it in your head.. :lol

With the powder-coating costing about $300, I think I'm just gonna go this way for a $1000...

Posted Image

The Nurburgring is a great looking wheel. $1000 sounds like a good deal. Is that a mounted and balance price?

Nope, that's a bare wheel price. I would consider that wheel, except for two things. They are 18/19 and I'm too cheap to buy them plus new tires when I don't need new tires yet. Secondly, they come in black and machined aluminum and neither choice gets me too excited...

Ted, there is gunmetal (which is pretty darn close to black I guess), and bronze as well....

I'm pretty sure the gunmetal color is what you show in that pic up there... Bronze is not a color I would pick for my Yeller Z. I do love the look and style of that wheel. It's also a bonus it's the same weight as the stock OEM Speedline and an inch bigger diameter. It is probably an overall weight savings due to the lighter rubber from a shorter sidewall... BP or AnM2, thoughts?

Dennis at DoubleDMods.com tells me he can order teh factory sizes, 17" and 18"...and since I really don't plan to mod much, I may go thataway....

Find out what the rim widths are. I would think you want the 9" fronts and 10.5" rears, which are closer to stock Z06 sizes than C5 Coupe size which were 8.5" and 9.5" respectively.

Find out what the rim widths are. I would think you want the 9" fronts and 10.5" rears, which are closer to stock Z06 sizes than C5 Coupe size which were 8.5" and 9.5" respectively.

I thinks teh FRC rims were narrower though....my car came with a brand-spankin' new set of Michy Pilot Sports, and I don't want to waste them. If they were even 15% worn, I may consider going to more tire, or even 18/19, but they

are like new...

Ted, my thoughts are that TSW builds great wheels. I think the gunmetal would look awesome on the yeller car. You can always have them painted or powder coated if you want to change the color. I also think you should go 18/19, but we've chatted that one up before. Shifter, I say go with the wider wheels, even if you're keeping the smaller tires. The extra inch of width won't ruin the smaller tires, and when they are worn out you'll have the wheels to go to a bigger tire. When I first got my car I slapped on a set of Z06 wheels with the 245/275 tires, and they worked fine.

Heck, teh way it's going (not getting to drive it), I'll never wear them out, they'll probably die from flat-spotting.... :banghead

TSW dosen't make the half sizes. Looks like 9 is the widest on those wheels. If you use stock tires they will fit fine. You'll be locked into stock size tires though... Not sure if you plan upgrading to wider tires in the future but you will want to keep that in mind.....

I'm off tomorrow but if you want me to check into it let me know and I'll get you some more info Friday.

EDIT: Sorry for the high jack... I don't usually do that, I meant to PM Ted but was on the wrong monitor..... Sorry guys..... BOT to ya'!!!!

• 5 months later...

I've since sold teh second set of thinspokes on, and some day I'll probably go with either CCW SP500's or and HRE variant...right now, now house is under attack with everything dying at teh same time-fridge, garage door opener, then teh spring, water heater, laptop, treadmill, lawn mower...this has been a fun year... :banghead

use some plasti dip to see if you get the look you want, and if you do...then use the real paint or powdercoat

:agree then if you dont like it, peel it off