NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Not just Power & Sound! Check this out!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Well for one of my good buddies, were building an off road truck with a long travel suspension so he can go through the dunes with it... Were in the 1st stage right now which is building the chassis and suspension as well as cage, stage 2 is going to be the seats and stereo inside, then stage 3 is going to be tossing a 5.0 engine in there!

ALL tubing was bent and welded from scratch, this is NOT a kit, nor was anything purchased other then bulk tubing and some rod ends to build the suspension with!

Stock with the bed off:

johntruckstock.jpg

johntruckstock-2.jpg

johntruckstock-3.jpg

Through the stages (still more welding to go, but its just tacked for now so he can finish the cage). Keep in mind we still have a lot of cleaning up to do and painting before its finished... this is just a progress pic!

johntruck.jpg

johntruck-1.jpg

johntruck-2.jpg

johntruck-3.jpg

johntruck-4.jpg

Looks good Mike, I was talking to Steve while I was in there the other day about a long travel sand car. Maybe some day with with a ls2 or ls1 engine.

I saw last weekend when I got my brakes....looks sweet...and fun :burnout

Guest LT4ME

Looks like fun. :D

My boss builds custom Rock Crawlers for people in his spare time and has a buddy with an LT1 in one. Nothing about that one "crawls". ;)

Guest Ricmin

Looks good. I will give you some good advise though. Don't waste your time and money on that 8.8. If you want to stay all Ford go to a 35 spline 9 or a hi 9. The 8.8 will not live in an offroad enviroment, especially with larger meats and hard driving. Offroading is MUCH more demanding than on road. :thumbs