NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Detailer in Phoenix Wanted

Seppeku

Hi guys! I am in need of some paint protection. I don't have any detailing tools or even the knowledge of how to take care of the paint. Basically this is more for peace of mind then anything else. I bought the car used back in Feb and I don't know what the previous owner did if anything to protect the paint. So, for my own sake, I want to get the car detailed in the manner that most people do once a year to protect it and make it shine. Doing my own research online turns up many opinions about which product is best and all that, but everyone agrees on stripping the wax, clay bar, polish, wax, etc... or some procedure like that. I don't have any of that and even if I purchased all that, I wouldn't know how to use it. The upcoming detail day is a no go for me, but I want to certainly attend one soon so I can learn how to do this myself. In the mean time, I need this done so I can sleep better at night. Anyone recommend someone or if someone wants to do it, let me know. The quotes I've gotten so far are up around $350 or so, is that a good price for what needs done? Thanks, Steve

Try snapping a close up pic of the paint prferably of the top side, hood, roof or deck. it seems they get the most abuse. It would help us get a better idea of how your paint is.

One of my buddies does detailing in Cave Creek. He's a little spacey as far as a person goes and a little talkative about random shit, but he can sure put attention on my car (He spent 8 hours detailing it one day, and he really enjoyed it!) He's also pretty reasonable.

These are right after a wash just before our ACE June lunch... The paint is in pretty good shape I think, but like I said, I don't know if the wax is decent or even the last time it has been waxed... Just trying to get a baseline to start from. If you need more detail, I'll try and get some more pics tonight. Z06_Mir, can you send me some contact information please?

post-1658-006522300 1308264000.jpg

post-1658-021654800 1308264002.jpg

post-1658-001673200 1308264004.jpg

post-1658-009267900 1308264006.jpg

post-1658-091665400 1308264008.jpg

post-1658-058502700 1308264010.jpg

post-1658-098898500 1308264011.jpg

post-1658-003943100 1308264013.jpg

post-1658-035801900 1308264016.jpg

These are right after a wash just before our ACE June lunch... The paint is in pretty good shape I think, but like I said, I don't know if the wax is decent or even the last time it has been waxed... Just trying to get a baseline to start from.

If you need more detail, I'll try and get some more pics tonight.

Z06_Mir, can you send me some contact information please?

Very nice commemorative!

Give my new friends at Pit Stop a call ... they may be able to come to you ....???

LINKY

I can't make the detail day, sorry... I also don't have any of the equipment or supplies necessary to bring to a detail day yet. I need to find out what I need and then procure them over some time... I'll call PitStop and see what they can do for me. Thanks guys!

Guest badbobs95

I've seen your car up close and whomever owned it before, took care of it. Stop worrying. You may not need a total detail job yet but it's hard to tell without feeling the finish. If all you need is a good clean and wax, I recommend using a polymer called REJEX. It's great stuff and it lasts. But if your finish is swirly or rough, it needs the whole nine yards. :willy

Maybe you're right Bob! BUT Maybe you're wrong? Like I said before, this is just for peace of mind. I'd like someone to clay it, polish it, and wax it up nice, just so I know it's been done and when and when I should do it again. It's probably fine, but do we take that chance with the AZ sun beating down on it? idk... maybe I'm trying to throw money at something just because, but it makes sense in MY head... :)

everyone agrees on stripping the wax,

Huh? What???

Next your going to say it needs to be washed with dish washing detergent... Please Don't!

Stripping the wax that may be left on your paint is not required, just wash it with a good sudsy car wash soap and dry with either a good waffle towel designed for drying, or micro-fiber towels.

Then test to see if you need to claybar, with a dry finger or even a piece of tissue paper, lightly wipe across your paint, preferable across a surface facing upward where the bad stuff would settle. If it's really smooth with your finger, or it doesn't leave behind light wisps of tissue paper then claying isn't needed this time.

If it feels gritty then get out the clay, using a nice blast of detailing spray, gently/lightly rub the clay bar over the paint. You don't need to scrub or go over any area more than once or twice. work your way across the panel or hood then wipe with a clean micro-fiber towel.

Break out your favorite wax or top coat and go over the whole car, wipe off and taadaa!

I still like Meguiar's NXT for the shine and long lasting protection!

Guest badbobs95

Dwayne is right. This is something you can do yourself but you gotta do whatever helps you sleep well. I realize you may not have the time to do it but you could do one section at a time and also have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Whatever works best for you. :yesnod

I do want to learn how to do it myself but right now I don't have the supplies or tools. And i'd like to get it done by someone that knows what they're doing first...

Guest badbobs95

I do want to learn how to do it myself but right now I don't have the supplies or tools. And i'd like to get it done by someone that knows what they're doing first...

I completely understand. Besides, I want you to take care of that beauty because someday it might be MINE !!!! :rockon2::rockon2::rockon2: I have a problem and it can't be fixed :crazy

Thanks guys! I have someone lined up for this weekend, but if that falls through, I'll be in touch!

Guest qballhd1

No problem If you decide to have me do it I will also give ideas and tips on how to take car of that beauty yourself