NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Weather Stripping

Norse Pagan

Norse Pagan

I was wondering if there's a way to restore the weather stripping (or whatever it is) around the doors. My old vette had the same issue. Here's a pic so you know what I'm talking about..

post-1334-032568900 1307629636.jpg

Desertdawg

What year is it? if your still under warranty then contact Ed (blewxu) and he'll get it replaced for you. If no warranty the you can still contact him for replacement parts, I don't think there's anyway to restore it once it starts to deteriorate.

There was a thread on the big forum regarding this...I'll see if I can find it again and post the link but I think it was in the C6 General section if you want to do a search.

Norse Pagan

What year is it? if your still under warranty then contact Ed (blewxu) and he'll get it replaced for you.

If no warranty the you can still contact him for replacement parts, I don't think there's anyway to restore it once it starts to deteriorate.

okay excellent. It's an 07 but I bought it certified so I have the extended GM warranty for 4 years :)

There was a thread on the big forum regarding this...I'll see if I can find it again and post the link but I think it was in the C6 General section if you want to do a search.

Cool I'll dig around for it. I'll see if there's something I can do to maintain it once the new ones go on.

Desertdawg

I had to ask what year it was cause I didn't think C5's had this problem. I suggest that you change your sig pic to avoid future confusion... :lol

Norse Pagan

I had to ask what year it was cause I didn't think C5's had this problem.

I suggest that you change your sig pic to avoid future confusion... :lol

I know. I just got it back from the auto body shop. They fixed up the damage from the basketball so now I can get her cleaned up and snap some pics. Hopefully I'll have it updated after this weekend :)

And then I'll get new pics next month once she looks a little different :cool

Ryan, I don't think that is deterirating. I belive the top part is from the dealer doing an auto mate clear coat over spray that got on the top 1/2. They did it on mine also & I still can't get the chit off.

They should replace it under warranty. Mine looked just like that just after I bought it and Ed arranged to have it replaced. Coulter did a great job!

• 4 weeks later...
Sundevilfan

What year is it? if your still under warranty then contact Ed (blewxu) and he'll get it replaced for you.

If no warranty the you can still contact him for replacement parts, I don't think there's anyway to restore it once it starts to deteriorate.

okay excellent. It's an 07 but I bought it certified so I have the extended GM warranty for 4 years :)

Cool I'll dig around for it. I'll see if there's something I can do to maintain it once the new ones go on.

There is only one thing you need to know about maintaining weather strips (not restoring - I said maintaining). Meguire's #40. I have used that product twice a year on every weather strip on my 2002 coupe since it was new. The weather strips are supple, black and greasless. Better than new.

Also, the car is completely squeek free.

• 3 months later...

My brand new 2011 has weather stripping all over that looks like that. Midway sprayed some crap called Zaktek sealant all over the car. Could that be what has caused it?