NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Vette Brother's problems w/ local engine builder

chevy69

Hello AZ Vette owners. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Corvette Forum, a Global Corvette Forum servicing all years of Corvettes. One of the C3 guys there is having trouble with a local engine builder that he purchased a new crate engine from. The attached thread is long but there is talk of having a bunch of cars cruise down to Prestige one day and show our support for him.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1396639

His biggest issue is that he lives in NJ and had the motor shipped back there. Several folks from the Phoenix area have offered to help out, but I thought I would throw this out there.

Any one here have any experience with Prestige? (good or bad?)

Never heard of them until now. I read most of the posts and saw the pics of the company...OMG! I think this falls under the "Buyer Beware" clause.

I have my own issues with a knocking motor that the machine shop is going to take care of. Good luck on the NJ case.

I've heard of them, but can't remember from where. They're off of Grand, North of Bell, I think. I'll ask the usual suspects and try to figure out which one of them was talking about this company... (group of motorheads I occasionally hang out with)

The BBB doesn't show records of this claim. If the complaint was made, then the person filing the complaint should call the BBB and ask about its validity or status.

When was the engine purchased, and what was the name, number, address on the documentation? I don't have a problem calling people up and asking a buttload of questions. All they can do is hang up, at the worst. If nothing else, if you post that info on this forum, then maybe several of us will call and it just might sound some sort of alarm in the company's head that something needs to be done to rectify this situation.

Who knows when they changed their website, but they say that all of the motors carry a Full 2 year unlimited mile written warranty. If the purchaser has that warranty in hand, then any court in the country will stand behind it.

Good job. Awesome info. Shamus is a word most often seen in pulp fiction, refers to a private eye or detective. Fuggedaboudit. :crazy

Reread your post. Makes sense now.

(too little sleep... too much Scotch... some words look funny...)

Blame it on Phoenix FRC (Tom). He'll know what I'm talking about.

Phoenix FRC
Reread your post.  Makes sense now.

Blame it on Phoenix FRC (Tom).  He'll know what I'm talking about.

Ahemm...

Blame? - oportunity?

You didn't tell me you where drinking scotch... :lol woooa :willy

You didn't work too hard... or... you sure made it look easy. :thumbs Thanks!

Reread your post.  Makes sense now.

Blame it on Phoenix FRC (Tom).  He'll know what I'm talking about.

Ahemm...

Blame? - oportunity?

You didn't tell me you where drinking scotch... :lol woooa :willy

You didn't work too hard... or... you sure made it look easy. :thumbs Thanks!

I'm Scottish... Of course I drink Scotch (and everything else) trink21.gif

You're right about opportunity. It proved to "IBM" that there's more going on with my crew than he likes to realize.

Update: It's looking like Prestige is going to make good on their warranty and replace the motor at this point.

F22trainer

sounds like adequate pressure was applied in the proper places. Glad to hear it! :thumbs

Guest LT4ME
Update: It's looking like Prestige is going to make good on their warranty and replace the motor at this point.

Awesome news. :D

Well, maybe I spoke too soon - this looks to be turning ugly again with talk of lawyers and all that mess :ack