'Calling everyone that has a problem or a question

MOTV8

Admin EDIT

Here is Chads opening post to this thread...

05/22/06

Come by the shop and all questions will be answered. If it is about your car, fine. If it is about someone elses car, good. I have no problem answering questions face to face, over the net is a different story.

Chad

=====================================================

I merged the replies from another topic dealing with Extreme to this thread, sorry for the confusion due to the posting dates...

=====================================================

Hey Chad that's a cool deal on a nice TT set up, and I'm not trying to flame you or anything...hell, you might be the turbo vette king for all I know and you've surely helped lots of us out here, but if I were a C6 owner on this forum I might be hesitant to hand over my shiny new baby, having read this thread: http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648

Call us crazy, but 'word of mouth' and a good rep does count for most of us types...

To not hear your response, if any, would be unfair as Eddie said, but I don't see that you've posted any.

I'm certain you'll sell some of those C6 kits, ...I'm just sayin'....

:burnout

Guest chad@xtreme

MOTV8--Do you have a C6? Looking to install a TT kit on it? We can help you out. We are offering a great package with excellent pricing.

Chad

MOTV8--Do you have a C6? Looking to install a TT kit on it? We can help you out. We are offering a great package with excellent pricing.

Chad

Ummm....no, no C6 here. And if I ever win the lottery, or find where my wife hid the jar with my balls in it, I'd be in the market for a hairdryer, stroker kit, heads & cam, gears & a yank tc, etc... So, thank you for your magnanimous offer. I know where I'll be taking my future business. ;)

Ummm....no, no C6 here. And if I ever win the lottery, or find where my wife hid the jar with my balls in it, I'd be in the market for a hairdryer, stroker kit, heads & cam, gears & a yank tc, etc... So, thank you for your magnanimous offer. I know where I'll be taking my future business. ;)

did i miss something? did he PM you his "defense" on that other thread you pointed out?

i didn't see a reply in here or in the other thread - but you sure changed your tune quick :crazy

:banghead jeeze....yep, I got the pm. Guess I should clarify: I know where I will take my future business...and where I won't....capeesh? ;)

Guest LT4ME
:banghead jeeze....yep, I got the pm. Guess I should clarify: I know where I will take my future business...and where I won't....capeesh? ;)

Well? Fill us in... :toetap

I hate to do this but does any of these post refer to a owner of a C6?

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=541

Chad

you can use the "rules" all you want chad (and it's kinda chickensh!t)

but realize - someone had something bad to say about your company - that you were incapable of handling their problem - if i had a C6 - i sure would think twice about this post and the other one before i let you tear into my $60,000+ vehicle

you should clear the air on the other post - let's hear your side of the story!

I hate to do this but does any of these post refer to a owner of a C6?

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=541

Chad

Here you Chad, this is how you play DODGEBALL!

http://www.dodgeballmovie.com/site/popups/..._show/show.html

As I said in my previous post "it's not the problems, it's how they're handled".

Guest chad@xtreme

Come by the shop and all questions will be answered. If it is about your car, fine. If it is about someone elses car, good. I have no problem answering questions face to face, over the net is a different story.

Chad

This has nothing to do with the twin turbo kits on this thread, but I have to chime in with regard to Chad, Xtreme Motorsports and the employees of Xtreme. I have known chad for a long time and have been dealing with Xtreme for as long as they have been in this state (originally from Texas). They are very honest and would not ever rip someone off, over-charge, or intentionally do shotty work. What happened with the rims, tires, and press. sensors was an unfortunate situation. It started bad and ended bad. As an auto repair facility owner I would never expect that cust. to come back. I dont know how it got resolved between chad and the owner of the car and I dont think anyone else here does either. I will tell you this though, I have done paint, body, & alignments on countess cars that Xtreme works on and I know first hand that chad and his crew are perfectionists. Its sad to say but its a reality that people make mistakes. If you work on enough cars eventually one is not going to go right, how you deal with it afterward is about all you can do since you cant go back in time. I dont know all the detials but chad is a good guy so he probably made things right, since the owner of that car went elsewhere he probably did it fiscally. I dont know for sure how he made it right and its none of my business but I consider chad a friend and respect his business and work ethic enough to know that he did. I have a C-6 on order right now (scheduled build date 5-29-06) and wouldnt hesitate to bring it to Xtreme for repair, modification, or service. What I am saying doesn't really mean much to alot of people as you all don't know me well enough or long enough to value my opinion all that much, but I feel terrible sitting here reading this thread about someone that actually tries hard to do a good job and treat people right. All right off my soap box and into the silence I go. Thank You for reading my rant... Joe

Guest chad@xtreme

I am simply referring to a C6 owner that would like a twin turbo installed on their car. I am not dodging anything, just trying to keep on topic.

Eddie44--Cool game.

Chad

not to beat a dead horse chad, but you have to realize - people don't have time to just swing on by and chat - you are more than 40 miles from my house - and your business hours aren't convenient for me to even consider such a ridiculous invitation - not to mention 40 miles \11 miles per gallon (the average on my DIS right now) - almost 4 gallons of gas - at $3.20+ a gallon is what? almost $13 just to come talk to you about what may or may not be a problem?

the other guy shared his 2 cents with us - and you know what they say about word of mouth advertising - it can both make and break you

i'm just curious to hear your side - he stated his side and that thread had almost 250 views - and even if it was 250 different people - how many do you think would just call or drive up to ask you that?

i get ALL my information via forums - money doesn't grow on trees, and i'm tired of throwing good money after bad because i either didn't take someone's advice, or i decided on my own course of action

granted, i have given a couple shops the chance to impress me - and classic gold did just that - so he's got me as a customer - and so far he has a lot more, as there has not been one bad word spoken about his business - not that he's going to have a perfect track record - as we are all human, we all make mistakes - the only problem is that when a human makes a mistake in their business, it reflects bad on the business - and the ONLY way to correct such acts is to back it up - defend yourself, or publically humiliate yourself and admit you were "wrong' and just hope people will give you another chance.

OK, that is all - i'm done with this entire subject!

Guest chad@xtreme

Here is the deal. If someone has a problem or questions, I have a phone number that can called, an office that is open for discussion, or an email. The phone is private, the office is a place to sit down and discuse, email can be used 24/7. The forum and emails can not decipher between serious and joking. I would have rather had someone come in the office and speak their mind and work through a problem. To air laundry out on a line for everyone see is not the best place to hang your unmentionables.

Chad

F22trainer

I admit the net' is a great time and gas saving alternative.

In this case, I just saw it as an opportunity to have the car present during a discussion in order to weigh options or spot potential problems...maybe I missed something.

Sort of like a contractor trying to give an estimate over the phone without being able to look at the property, I see it as beneficial to both parties in the negotiation of a contract.

just my $.02 :cfdeadagain

Ugh! :deadhorse

"unmentionables" = euphemism for snafu's

And while we can all agree that working out our issues face to face is better, that apparently didn't resolve the original issue with Greg_Az, so he posted his vent or rant. A few of us felt some empathy, and wondered if you were at least gonna share your 2 cents, thats all. Why do you post and belong to the forum? Just advertising?

Sorry to have riled so many feathers.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled bs-ing... :leaving

Guest intmd8r
As I said in my previous post "it's not the problems, it's how they're handled".

I have to agree, even though I don't currently own a C6.

I've made mistakes and people I've dealt with have made mistakes. But those of the highest integrity handle those mistakes in a manner that makes me realize they do still deserve my business.

Those with less, don't. whaat.gif

And keep in mind, if there is only one side talking, there is only one side to listen to. When you're talking about something that costs $50k+, at least in my world, there is NO room for even the smallest of doubts. doh.gif

Guest chad@xtreme

I felt that we handled Greg's situation with the upmost care. We did everything to our best ability to correct the problem. Greg has stated that no matter what happens or is said, he has moved on. I understand that the problem is between Greg and Xtreme Motorsports. He has decided that he wants to air his/Xtreme Motorsport problems on the internet instead of calling or coming by the shop.

Chad

Chad, I am not going to bash you or Extreme but you need to realize in the day of the Internet alot of your reputation is based on what people say and/or hear on the Internet. The Internet is not just a tool to increase your customer base via a website. I know you've got business from all over the country but I honestly believe it's us local folks that keep your doors open.

I respect the fact that you don't want to bash Greg and what might have happened but I think you can explain to the folks here what happened w/o doing that. If the problem was one that just couldn't be corrected then admit that and don't hide behind the "I don't want to air dirty laundry" cop-out. I would understand that explaination. Right now I have a very bad feeling about how Greg was treated and the work that Extreme did. You are the only one that can change that.

Again, I respect you, your business and know that you've had a great reputation for the 3 yrs that I've been around the Vette community. I hope that doesn't change over this incident.

Guest LT4ME
Chad, I am not going to bash you or Extreme but you need to realize in the day of the Internet alot of your reputation is based on what people say and/or hear on the Internet. The Internet is not just a tool to increase your customer base via a website. I know you've got business from all over the country but I honestly believe it's us local folks that keep your doors open.

I respect the fact that you don't want to bash Greg and what might have happened but I think you can explain to the folks here what happened w/o doing that. If the problem was one that just couldn't be corrected then admit that and don't hide behind the "I don't want to air dirty laundry" cop-out. I would understand that explaination. Right now I have a very bad feeling about how Greg was treated and the work that Extreme did. You are the only one that can change that.

Again, I respect you, your business and know that you've had a great reputation for the 3 yrs that I've been around the Vette community. I hope that doesn't change over this incident.

:agree

"Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you make up for them that sets the winners apart from everyone else."

I certainly don't mean to "dogpile" you, but from here, it looks sort of bad based on how you're handling this. As for Greg commenting here, I'm sure you know the 1st rule of retail: A satisfied customer will tell 3 people on average, whereas a dissatisfied customer will tell 10. Then bring on the advent of the internet and those 10 people could easily transform into 10,000 or more in rapid succession.

I've worked in the auto industry for a long time now and I'll be the first to admit I've made mistakes. Since becoming a service advisor, I can freely admit guys working under me have made mistakes. We're all human, we all do it. No one is expecting you to be perfect, but I think we're all hoping to see you at least strive to handle it after the fact in a way that might assuage any fears we might have arising from Greg's testimonial.

OK, back on topic.

Anybody have a C6 they're willing to sell me for dirt cheap?

Phoenix FRC
OK, back on topic.

Anybody have a C6 they're willing to sell me for dirt cheap?

The topic is calling on people that have a question or a problem.

You, my friend, you have a sweet ride and don't need a C6 so the problm is more like a question... Why would you look at a C6 unless it was a Z06???? Huh???

This has been an interesting post because I remember the thread where the guy had a problem with wheel speed sonsors or something like that and I was thinking i wouldn't want to go there.

Now I realize it was at Extreme.... and of course I would like to know if extreme was able to share the expense to remedy the problem or was this guy put on the spot to open his wallet or its tuff luck, have a nice day?

The reason I say that is because I have spent more then 6k with a motorsports company and the short block had a bad bearing and after about 7 miles of driving on a rebuilt engine it lost a connecting rod bearing. The motorsports company made good on the deal, they refunded me the money for the short block, the sipping from Michigan and about $800.00 of my costs to recover. Basically I was totally satisfied with the customer service. "The Way they Handeled it" Yeah the situation sucked but they where very reasonable and made it good.

I really want to see that C6 situation come clean if nothing else.

I work 60 to 70 hours per week to pay for my toys so I don't have time to run over to extreme to hang out and talk. I remember seeing a few cars there taken apart with layers of dust on them. Now that beggs the question.

I may be a new guy to ACE but I'm not a new guy to motorsports, I'm not a cheap-tight-A$$ with my money either but I'm not damn sure not a fool with my money.

It just seems like that situation with the C6 is a hugh open question mark.

I am really dissapointed, I was thrilled to have my car on the dyno at extreme at the time. Now its a question mark. I'm going to go back and read that post well this time.

Sorry for speaking out but as long as I'm a member of the forum, they let me post.

Last thing... if Chad has something to say, this is the post to say it and put it to bed. not open an offer for people to call or stop by, the thing that brings strength & unity to ACE is the honesty, this is a straight up club, not the kind of club that has to call you directly to talk about the other guy.

Guest 71airstrike

I may be bashed in this, but this is an open forum and Ill express my opinion. I remember reading Greg AZ?s post and thinking to my self this guy sounds like a tool.

He buys wheels and rims. He has them installed with success.

30days later a sensor fails.

He shows up on a day the shop is closed. Websites take time to change, and sign people can take weeks to come out to re vinyl a door. This is one of those details that sadly fall thought the crack. While it sucks and its happed to me before. I have learned to call in advance on a weekend. Life lesson learned.

So a sales man and tech take time out of there personal schedule to help the customer. They make an effort to do the right thing.

Tech cant fix the problem Tech was inexperienced. Maybe his support staff (senior Tech) could not be reached. This is a new car and it has some quirks that the Tech will have to learn about. Welcome to owning a new car.

Car is now drivable, but not all features are available Well that stinks that he cant get into Comp mode, but the car can still drive. Count your blessings you don?t have a 71 and you have to flatbed it to several repair shops.

Drop the car off for repair and the tire gets damaged while mounting The shop makes every effort to find a replacement. A replacement cannot be found within town. Welcome to aftermarket high performance parts. Car parts break, and exotic parts can take weeks to get in.

Now the car is not drivable. This is a sh!tty scenario, but things like this happen in life.

Case in point; I was driving a new Ford Ranger in BFE New Mexico. Part fails and engaged the 4x4 while driving highway speeds. Tranny takes a dump. It takes 4 business days to ship a new tranny to BFE New Mexico dealership. I stayed in a hotel room and learned to play a harmonica. Nothing can be done, and the ford warrantee does not pay for my lost vacation.

New part comes in, but valve stem now rubs The old one was close, but this one is to close. Welcome to aftermarket high performance parts.

Due to sensor repair other 3 sensors fail This falls under an experience thing. Welcome to owning a new car.

The shop wants to fix it, but the customer takes the car with out the repair being complete. Sometimes repairs on new cars take time.

While driving home tire looses air pressure Did the tech fail to tighten the valve stem? Was the customer a dick and hounded the Tech every second causing the tech to intentionally leave it loose? Was the part faulty? Did the Aftermarket rims affect the sensor in a way to make it loosen? Did gremlins? mess with it? Who knows.

A stop by Pep Boys and $5 dollars later the valve stem is fixed . Welcome to aftermarket high performance parts.

In the big picture all Greg lost was time with his car. If he gave enough of it to Extreme they would have made it right.

Cheers

Chad