NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Make your C6 a star

Guest flkmkr

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a C6 vette (a conv. would be nice) as close to stock as possible to star in a speculative car commercial with a beautiful swimsuit model.

I'm not really sure how many C6's are out there floating around in the area, but I am part of a new film/video production company located in Mesa that is prepping to shoot the commercial on Feb. 1st.

The commercial is for our personal reel and for posting on our website, etc. We're shooting the commercial two ways. The first way will feature a MINI Cooper and the second version will feature the vette driven up to the curb of a house by a beautiful swimsuit model. The reason for these two cars is their obvious cult status.

So if anybody might be interested please let me know. We're an independent film group, but we are also doing our best to be professional and bring some film work to the Phoenix area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are willing to pay a bit of money or a nice dinner for two for the time and energy spent...and we will also give out copies of the commercial on DVD when it's done.

Best regards,

Jason Francois

www.bigbrainpictures.com

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea how volumes of cars where shaking out so the input is much needed.

And yes, I guess I am daft :P I thought I was the only one that used words like daft?

I guess when I said cult status, I meant a car that has a cult status that is modern and being sold via car commercials. Vettes and Mini's have been on peoples minds for almost the same amount fo decades.

Thanks again for the input and for the offer to hook us up with your Delorean friend...I think the models manager may frown upong me pimping her out. :)

Later,

Jason

3,503 lbs of trouble

In all seriousness, I do know someone with a Magnetic Red C6 coupe. I believe he also still has a vert on order. When I see him this weekend I'll mention this to him to see if he's interested, but if you find someone else in the meantime, go for it. You also may want to contact the DCA. Some of their members may have a C6 already.

http://www.vette.org/

Thanks Trouble, I appreciate it. We're going to keep looking. There is also the possibility of renting, but that gets ridiculously expensive.

Best regards,

Jason

3,503 lbs of trouble

Also, I don't know your timetable, but if you come to the Scottsdale Pavilions car show on Sat. Feb. 5th, that is "Corvette Saturday". There will probably be four or more C6s there with their owners, and if there's a convertible floating around, there is a good chance it may show up there. You could also try to come to the Pavilions show this, and the following Saturdays too, but with Barrett Jackson going on the show is going to be slammed the next two weeks with probably more vintage cars than contemporary.

One last suggestion. The Split Window Diner (Corvette Theme restaurant) in Fountain Hills holds a car show every Sunday from 10AM - 2PM, and a lot of Vettes show up there too. The address is 11056 N. Saguaro Blvd. in Fountain Hills.

Good luck!

Wow! thanks again for all the ideas. In typical production timelines we're shooting in less than two weeks, but if we push back I will take into account what you're talking about.

thanks again!

Jason

Thanks Desertdawg...love the avatar.

Nice ride, but I don't need a classic at this time, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future...hell that just gave me an idea for another commercial that's a bit more nostalgic. I need a few more hours in the day :)

Thanks again,

Jason

Thanks Desertdawg...love the avatar.

Nice ride, but I don't need a classic at this time, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future...hell that just gave me an idea for another commercial that's a bit more nostalgic. I need a few more hours in the day :)

Thanks again,

Jason

You must know each other then? Were you talking about the car when you refer to a "classic"? :lol: :lol:

Funny Eddie, Funny.... :thumbs:

There are days that I creek louder then the vette, but not everyday yet... :D

LOL. I guess I like to think of myself as forever young, but if creeking is any indication then I'm a classic now too and have been for some time now. :D

Update on the C6. I looks like we're just going to rent the only one that we can find in the valley. It's some place in Scottsdale that my business partner found. Unfortunately it's $350 for the day. Ouch. Such is the way it goes.

Thanks for the spirited insights and laughs.

Jason

www.bigbrainpictures.com

Guest waymirec

$350 for the day? Wow. Thats actually not bad at all. Wouldn't be Rent-A-Vette would it? Last I looked their prices were a bit steep.

LOL. I guess I like to think of myself as forever young, but if creeking is any indication then I'm a classic now too and have been for some time now. :D

Update on the C6. I looks like we're just going to rent the only one that we can find in the valley. It's some place in Scottsdale that my business partner found. Unfortunately it's $350 for the day. Ouch. Such is the way it goes.

Thanks for the spirited insights and laughs.

Jason

www.bigbrainpictures.com

OK, here's an update for anybody interested. Unfortunatley, the Vette is out and now the commercial is going to be just a MINI convertible and hot model. The Vette from Rent-a-Vette was the copper color, which was not what we were looking for. Not that there was anything wrong with that color, but it didn't work for our production design.

Thanks again for all the input.

Jason