NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ack: Jury Duty

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

I have yet to ever be summoned to jury duty... seriously. I guess I'm lucky :dunno:

I'll be sure to drop your name in the box when I'm there next month! :lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Drewstein

• old yeller

A jury is made up of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

And people wonder why our Judicial system sucks :facepalm:

It's always amazing to me that the same people who will be out waving a flag and telling everyone how patriotic they are will do anything within their power to get out of jury duty.

It sucks for a lot of other reasons. You're also terrible at problem solving. Figure out how to not have jury duty be a huge ass waste of my time and I'll go. But I am not Chinese so my time is worth a lot more than $12 a day.

I also pay more than you in taxes so in effect I contribute to the country more.

I'm an advocate of professional juries. It would speed up trials because there wouldn't be all the jury selection or instruction. Thereby it would help unclog our courts. In LE juries are known as 12 reasonable idiots. BTW, you once told me income should not be the measure of a man. Likewise how much you pay in taxes has nothing to do with your contribution to this country. I believe 23 yrs of LE outweighs your few years of hotel management.

I'm an advocate of professional juries. It would speed up trials because there wouldn't be all the jury selection or instruction. Thereby it would help unclog our courts.

In LE juries are known as 12 reasonable idiots.

BTW, you once told me income should not be the measure of a man. Likewise how much you pay in taxes has nothing to do with your contribution to this country. I believe 23 yrs of LE outweighs your few years of hotel management.

:clap :clap :clap

I've got 20 years of military service and 4 and counting in teaching now. I will NEVER have as much money as you Drew, but I have contributed and will contribute more to this country than you ever will. And I'm no where near as big a d!ck as you can be some times. BTW, that Chinese comment was way uncalled for...and I'm not even Chinese. I think you have a very skewed view on just about everything.

I've never been called for Jury Duty and hope I never am. I would go for sure but somehow don't like the idea of someones future or fate resting on my decision. What if I was wrong and the charged was innocent or wrong and the charged was guilty? But I would go.

Desertdawg

Figure out how to not have jury duty be a huge ass waste of my time and I'll go.

So as long as it doesn't inconvenience you then you'll contribute to our community, since weekdays are obviously a problem for you then what do you suggest, how about spending your weekend sitting in court???

I'm not even going to touch the racist comment, but I would ask that you refrain from any more remarks like that in the future!

Desertdawg

Jackie made crepes for breakfast this morning.

Do you pronounce that "creepe's" or "crap's" ???

Jackie made crepes for breakfast this morning.

Do you pronounce that "creepe's" or "crap's" ???

I pronounce it, "NOT pancakes" ! :lol

I'm an advocate of professional juries. It would speed up trials because there wouldn't be all the jury selection or instruction. Thereby it would help unclog our courts.

Completely agree.

anmracing2

I also pay more than you in taxes so in effect I contribute to the country more. :facepalm: BTW, you once told me income should not be the measure of a man. Likewise how much you pay in taxes has nothing to do with your contribution to this country. I believe 23 yrs of LE outweighs your few years of hotel management. :agree 100%!!! That also means Eddie has been paying taxes longer so he still up on you....... :smilelol

That also means Eddie has been paying taxes longer so he still up on you....... :smilelol

Not 100% sure but I'll bet I was paying taxes 5-10 yrs before Drew was born.

That also means Eddie has been paying taxes longer so he still up on you....... :smilelol

Old fart. :lol

Thank you sir (I always respect my elders), but I'd prefer to think of Drew as just a baby :lol

Thank you sir (I always respect my elders), but I'd prefer to think of Drew as just a baby :lol

I feel like an old man lol. Three of my younger siblings have graduated college and children I used to baby sit are graduating high school.

I feel like an old man lol. Three of my younger siblings have graduated college and children I used to baby sit are graduating high school.

My youngest Son graduated from College 5 yrs ago and I just had my first Grandbaby. Now tell me you feel old :lol

BTW, I just checked your profile and assuming you put correct info you're the same age as my oldest son. Don't talk to me about old! :lol

I cant serve cause I hate Prius's and Wooded Owls

A jury is made up of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

And people wonder why our Judicial system sucks :facepalm:

It's always amazing to me that the same people who will be out waving a flag and telling everyone how patriotic they are will do anything within their power to get out of jury duty.

It sucks for a lot of other reasons. You're also terrible at problem solving. Figure out how to not have jury duty be a huge ass waste of my time and I'll go. But I am not Chinese so my time is worth a lot more than $12 a day.

I also pay more than you in taxes so in effect I contribute to the country more.

Yo Drope, I probably owe more in back taxes ...does this count? :lol

Guess what I got in the mail today........ :facepalm:

Like they're gonna take you on a jury :lol