WTB - 240V 50A (20A/30A) GFCI disconnect subpanel for SPA.

theChad

Anyone have, or can find, or tell me another cheaper alternative in a 230V - 50 amp total (20A & 30A individual breakers) SPA GFCI disconnect subpanel?

Just like this one on FleaBay

Yeah buddy!... I'm investing in hot water & percussive jets of dihydrogen monoxide, all caged within a 1 Man & 4 Women spa-tastic bowl of relaxation. :flag:grphug::banannarainbow::partydance:

Thanks ACEholes... maybe you can visit too! Just not all at once, and definitely not Marco or Strutt. BYOB (or extras) if you drink more than 3. No crabs allowed. :P:lol :lol

Uh...may pass on the crabs. I have something...we got rid of our spa, but I still have teh thing-a-ma-jig bolted to teh house. Don't know if it's what you want, electricity and I don't get along. It says Siemens, that's not misspelled cAhD, W 0408ML1125 Enclosure type 3R on the box, I believe the breakers are 60 amp. Holla back.

I dont buy it.

look at this..

http://www.lowes.com/pd_101595-82364-BR2020B100V_4294821909_4294937087_?productId=1000457&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Load%2BCenters%2B_4294821909_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1

20 circuts for $65.

all you need is a panel, proper gague/conducter wire, proper breakers, and common cense.

$365 sounds like a lot.

but perhaps im missign something

this cost me less than $100

Posted Image

however the 4pair wire in the attic was nto cheap (250 ft)

You need something "Nema-3R" which means it's UL listed for exterior use. I'm sure what Dean has will work. All the money will be in the breaker feeding the sub-panel out of the main panel. As long as Dean doesn't mind killing all the power in the house it isn't that big of a deal to disconnect, just remember the bussing in the back of the main pain could remain hot depending upon the age/configuration of the main panel. When in doubt, hire a sparky

just remember the bussing in the back of the main pain could remain hot depending upon the age/configuration of the main panel. When in doubt, hire a sparky

Wise advice. :yesnod

I belive the codes have change for spas & tubs to a GFIC breaker $60-7o bucks a pop.

Anyone have, or can find, or tell me another cheaper alternative in a 230V - 50 amp total (20A & 30A individual breakers) SPA GFCI disconnect subpanel?

Yeah buddy!... I'm investing in hot water & percussive jets of dihydrogen monoxide, all caged within a 1 Man & 4 Women spa-tastic bowl of relaxation. :flag:grphug::banannarainbow::partydance:

Thanks ACEholes... maybe you can visit too! Just not all at once, and definitely not Marco or Strutt. BYOB (or extras) if you drink more than 3. No crabs allowed. :P:lol :lol

:blink I'm hurt Chad.... Yea, the wire is expensive. I can send an electrician down. He's cheap and very smart. Or talk to him yourself and mention me, Marc with AMC Construction ....Ed Hession 602-292-1687 Blue Star Electrical

:blink I'm hurt Chad.... Yea, the wire is expensive. I can send an electrician down. He's cheap and very smart. Or talk to him yourself and mention me, Marc with AMC Construction ....Ed Hession 602-292-1687 Blue Star Electrical

Wiring is already run in conduit from the main panel to the location of the disconnect/GFCI subpanel. I just need the subpanel in that weird configuration of 230V, 50A split 20/30A. One circuit controls the heater and the other for the pumps.

Thanks tho! :thankyou:

I have the lead on some stuff that will work. Stay tuned!

I also approve the tag line!

theOne I posted above has an open slot for theExtra breaker you need, they sell them right there on theShelf too! Plus your getting the floating ground setup that you need to have with a spa!

theOne I posted above has an open slot for theExtra breaker you need, they sell them right there on theShelf too!

Plus your getting the floating ground setup that you need to have with a spa!

Thanks! That's plan B! ...and not for "Bob".