Another plug for Classic...C4 owners take note.

F22trainer

F22trainer

Just a note to all of you looking for shops that work on C4's...Joe (sloryde) over at Classi Gold came through again. My "trainer" got sick Tues and was reluctant to start. While I thought because the battery was 2 years old I could just take care of that easy enough with a new one. Not the case...I managed to get it home, but was scheduled to fly early next morning and just prayed it would get me to the airport and the to Joe's shope, which it did - barely. One the way over the car got real hot too and was at 245º by the time I got there and got it shut down. I did not even have time to call them until I was heading over there - they took the car right away, even though he had several others he was working on (Eddie is a busy mechanic), got a new starter on the way over - Joe did some quick shopping around for the best price - not just using a primary supplier, they had it on, did an oil change and put in the 160º T-stat I wanted (old was 180º) and Joe even found a B4P cooling unit that is due in soon, which I will have them install. BUT, the main point here - they did great work with almost no warning or an appointment, found the right parts at the right price and had me back on the road in a few hours. No gouge on the price - no "vette tax", and no BS.

I thanked them, but it doesn't seem like that is enough -so maybe some of will think of them in the future when your C4 needs some first aid. I know several members were quite pleased with Ed's alignments.

:burnout

Guest Kens06

No doubt Joe is 'THE MAN' when it comes to C4's!!

He turned me on to a group buy for headers!! :thumbs

It may be hard to justify spending a grand + on a $9K car with 109K miles, just for the sound effect, but then again I never said I was sane!! :rolf:rolf

Ken

F22trainer
No doubt Joe is 'THE MAN' when it comes to C4's!!

He turned me on to a group buy for headers!! :thumbs

It may be hard to justify spending a grand + on a $9K car with 109K miles, just for the sound effect, but then again I never said I was sane!! :rolf:rolf

Ken

...I was actually thinking of putting on headers and new exhaust to help the "trainer" run a bit cooler. Whaddaya think Ken?

Guest Kens06

If you don't mind spending the $$, go for it Michael!!

For the best deal call Merle @ Exotic Muscle 480-967-4222 and get in on the group and save $100!!

It's gonna be 4-6 weeks for delivery but that $100 is almost a weeks worth of beer!! :drinkers:drinkers

Ken

F22trainer
If you don't mind spending the $$, go for it Michael!!

For the best deal call Merle @ Exotic Muscle 480-967-4222 and get in on the group and save $100!!

It's gonna be 4-6 weeks for delivery but that $100 is almost a weeks worth of beer!! :drinkers:drinkers

Ken

COOL! Is that $1G for just headers?

Yea Merle...

Guest Kens06

No, the headers are $670 something and the install is $400-460 with Joe.

If you want the Fel-Pro gaskets and hardened header bolts it's more!!

Ken

F22trainer
No, the headers are $670 something and the install is $400-460 with Joe.

If you want the Fel-Pro gaskets and hardened header bolts it's more!!

Ken

...just got off the phone with Merle. I'm gonna take the weekend to think about it, probably going to add the Corsa Exhaust too, to maximize the benefits! Sounds like a plan....Merle's going to post it on the forum tonite to fill the last spots for the order.

Guest chad@xtreme

Joe does excellent work. We send him all of our paint and body work. It also helps that he is 2 blocks over.

Chad

F22trainer
Joe does excellent work. We send him all of our paint and body work. It also helps that he is 2 blocks over.

Chad

I had hoped you two were on good terms - glad to hear it!

so how's the cooling problem? all good?

what's a BP4 cooling unit?

if you are thinking about it and want to help bring those temps down, i recommend an EXTREME radiator - do a search for my post about them - i bought it from extreme (an ebay vendor and online retailer - and joe and one if his brothers installed it for me in my C4

the problem with mine, is that there was so much debris in between the condensor and the radiator that there was no airflow at idle (using just the fans) when highway speeds were atatined, the cooling was decent at best - kinda like my C5 is now!

Hey Joe - i may need another radiator install - i'll keep ya in mind - although i hear the C5 is super easy to do myself, we'll see! i have a poll going over at CF about recommending the best radiator - and so far Dewitts has the lead - although a majority of the votes have come from C3 owners - not sure how that helps me - as i don't know too many C3s that are pushing 500HP N/A :crazy

F22trainer
so how's the cooling problem? all good?

what's a BP4 cooling unit?

if you are thinking about it and want to help bring those temps down, i recommend an EXTREME radiator - do a search for my post about them - i bought it from extreme (an ebay vendor and online retailer - and joe and one if his brothers installed it for me in my C4

the problem with mine, is that there was so much debris in between the condensor and the radiator that there was no airflow at idle (using just the fans) when highway speeds were atatined, the cooling was decent at best - kinda like my C5 is now!

Hey Joe - i may need another radiator install - i'll keep ya in mind - although i hear the C5 is super easy to do myself, we'll see! i have a poll going over at CF about recommending the best radiator - and so far Dewitts has the lead - although a majority of the votes have come from C3 owners - not sure how that helps me - as i don't know too many C3s that are pushing 500HP N/A  :crazy

The T-stat helped quite a bit...I forgot about the debris that gets trapped in there. I should probably take them aprt this weekend and blow them out. I've read several post on the other forum about guys doing that and solving all problems...how stuff gets in there I don't know but I pulled out almost an entire newspaper page once. I knew I caught it going down the freeway but didn't notice anything as it was winter (i did peek under ther when I got where I was going and didn't see it)...a few days later I looking around under there and saw a corner of it and started pulling and out comes a wholle freakin' sheet of newspaper! Talk about a direct hit!

I talked about another radiator with Ed, but decided to wait for now....B4P is a GM option for C4's for the dual cooling fan unit that didn't come on my car...until now!

F22trainer

Togo -

more cooling data...

drove from downtown to home in N. Phx. w/ A/C on: on SR 51 in 35 MPH traffic temps got up to 215º until speeds picked up at Beth'y Home to 65MPH and temp came down to 210º and stayed that temp as long as I was doing 55MPH or better. In the 7 blocks it took to drive from 32nd st. to home at 25MPH, temp's came up to 219º when I pulled in the driveway. A/C still on...

I think I will try to take apart the radiator this weekend anyway...but at least I didn't have to turn on the heater today!

I can tell you that it really makes a difference to flush out the crap between the condensor and radiator. I religiously clean out the front of the condensor when I change the oil. About a week ago I took off the radiator support and flushed out the condensor and radiator. I got a ton of crap out of there. The Vette runs cooler and doesn't seem to get hot nearly as quick.

F22trainer
I can tell you that it really makes a difference to flush out the crap between the condensor and radiator. I religiously clean out the front of the condensor when I change the oil. About a week ago I took off the radiator support and flushed out the condensor and radiator. I got a ton of crap out of there. The Vette runs cooler and doesn't seem to get hot nearly as quick.

well I can say that I've not done it since I had it, probably because the radiator was new when I bought it...and I ASSUMED it had been cleaned when they put it in - however, we all know where I got the car and I'm thinkin' (also dangerous) maybe I should have thought of this sooner...

I'm takin' it apart now! I'll let ya know what I find later -- though I hate to leave when I see so many people here right now!

:bang:bang

I was at Classic today with my truck getting the front-end aligned...They did a great job while I waited and in about an hour. I'll be taking the vette in as soon as the motor goes back in. They all seemed like real nice people there. :thumbs

F22trainer
sounds like a good place to know! but where is it located !?! thanks in advance...

605 Rockford Dr. in Tempe - 'bout 2 blocks from Extreme, off Rio Salado Pkwy.

Thanks for the accolades everyone, me and my brothers really appreciate it! Seems like these days people are quick to complain when there is a problem but short on the kudos when it goes good. With that being said, I am very appreciative of this tread. Thank you. (sounds like an awards speach) Joe

F22trainer
Thank you. (sounds like an awards speach) Joe

winner.gif

:lol

not to sound pompous, but most awards are only as good as the people giving them, right?

That would put Classic in the "elite" category for sure...keep up the good work Joe.