Got-er Done..!

Phoenix FRC

Phoenix FRC

Hi Gang,

I thought I'd follow up with a quick header update.

Mike from AZ Power Sound was able to get me in the schedule and the headers where bought and waiting so we started on the car around 11:00 AM this morning.

Nike has all the right tools and he's done these enough that he barely broke a sweat... ok, maybe he didn't break a sweat but evrything went well meaniong no problems had to be fixed.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

Old Manifolds, not too pretty.

New parts, looking good now..!

Another pic of the goods.

This is Mike, making it look easy

Making good progress, both headers in.

They tuck up in there nicely huh?

How about this? Final fitting.

Now it time to get-er on the dyno..

Another picture of the car on te Dyno.

A picture of a hard working man, Mike From AZ Power & Sound.

Another HWM but he blinked. argg... Nick did the tune on my car at E.M.P.

Anyway, it is quite a bit louder when I'm really getting into it but the same at cruise.

I'm sure glad that I got the Corsa because this car still has no drone or resonating, it all good :D and loud.. :thumbs

Of course I would recommend Mike from AZP&S, he's got his $hit together and he did it in record time, about 4 hours with breaks and talking with walkthru customers.

Thanks Mike, you rock.. :thumbs

The car only pulled 339 on the Dyno, I was hopeful that it might make 345 but it didn't.

Just the same, it runs great, the car is clean and we didn't find any problems with the car.

I'm very satisfied..

Later, :burnout

Guest Sidewinder

:thumbs Awesome!!

Got to get rid of that Fram filter though, they are one of the worst oil filters made.

Looks good. Sounded mean even on the phone last night. :thumbs

Maybe we'll get a chance to take it for a drive on Monday. :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

:thumbs on the install! and I agree with you about Nick. He is the man when it comes to tuning!!! Of course, when it comes to Mike, everyone knows I think he is the best at his craft as well.

Glad to hear you feel a bit of a difference and don't worry about chasing numbers as we all say, just enjoy your ride. But then again, Im not one to talk. lol.

Take care and hope to see this bueaty in person soon!

Tanya

Pics look great & I'm sure it sounds great too. I just met Mike a few weeks ago when he lowered my car, but he seems to know his sh!t as you stated. Can't wait to see your car. Ever since you started posting I've been hoping to see you somewhere because I love the color.

Jim

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I bet that LS6 intake will get you the numbers you want :)

Glad you didnt get any pics of the gut hanging out while I was workin on the headers :lol:lol:lol

Phoenix FRC

Glad you didnt get any pics of the gut hanging out while I was workin on the headers  :lol  :lol  :lol

Mike,

I was thinking that the LS6 intake is a perfect mod to install during a cam install, just get them done at the same time. ;) October Mike-san, October. :cool mostly because Nick will have to re-do the VE table too as a result of changing the intake. I'll just silently collect parts until then. ;)

It amazes me how freaking good this car sounds :D it just roars!!! I'm lovin it..!!

I meant to get a better picture of you Mike, I'll have to stop by and get one of all you AZ-P&S guys and do it right, have you line up in front of all of the Corvettes that you've worked on in the past & present.

Glad you didnt get any pics of the gut hanging out while I was workin on the headers  :lol  :lol  :lol

Mike,

I was thinking that the LS6 intake is a perfect mod to install during a cam install, just get them done at the same time. ;) October Mike-san, October. :cool mostly because Nick will have to re-do the VE table too as a result of changing the intake. I'll just silently collect parts until then. ;)

It amazes me how freaking good this car sounds :D it just roars!!! I'm lovin it..!!

I meant to get a better picture of you Mike, I'll have to stop by and get one of all you AZ-P&S guys and do it right, have you line up in front of all of the Corvettes that you've worked on in the past & present.

why don't you just go to the FAST 90/90 setup!

it may cost more, but i'm sure you'd be pleased with the results - just ask sidewinder - he has the FAST setup on his Z!

and i hate to say it but....

I told you so!

(about mike's price being a better bargain than you renting the lift and wrenching yourself - like i said, he did it in half the time - or less than it would have taken you - because he's done enough of them to know what he's doing!)

Phoenix FRC
I told you so!

(about mike's price being a better bargain than you renting the lift and wrenching yourself - like i said, he did it in half the time - or less than it would have taken you - because he's done enough of them to know what he's doing!)

Oh yes, I appreciate it.. :thumbs Great call.

The fast 90, isn't that like $1,000.00 or more? Is it worth the difference? Mike has a smokin price on a used LS6 intake compared to a new item.... I'm not quite sold on that yet.

Now with Headers, I was ready and looking to make a deal happen but that Fast 90 needs $$$$. And of course, I'd need a spanking new TB & MAF. :D

Then that will delay a cam. I think at this time the cam will lend it's self to more results.

So...

Thanks, I appreciate it, keep the tips coming.

Just to make it easy, I post more "I-want" threads. :lol

Later,

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I told you so!

Oh yes, I appreciate it.. :thumbs Great call.

The fast 90, isn't that like $1,000.00 or more? Is it worth the difference? Mike has a smokin price on a used LS6 intake compared to a new item.... I'm not quite sold on that yet.

Now with Headers, I was ready and looking to make a deal happen but that Fast 90 needs $$$$. And of course, I'd need a spanking new TB & MAF. :D

Then that will delay a cam. I think at this time the cam will lend it's self to more results.

So...

Thanks, I appreciate it, keep the tips coming.

Just to make it easy, I post more "I-want" threads. :lol

Later,

the FAST 90 has some HUGE gains over the LS6 (generally a minimum of 11-13 rwhp but typically on big cams its 15+) but cost wise its not the most efficient ($1149 with LS2 TB and adapter harness). If you have the cash laying around its a GREAT idea, but if not, save it for later :) the LS6 will give you a good kick in the butt over the stock LS1 and will give the cam enough air to make good power, the LSX intake just gives it that little bit more, however next on the restriction list is the heads which quickly become the weakest link when you have that good of exhaust and intake!

Holy shit I look retarded in that picture. :willy Damn red eye flashes making you think the picture was taken already. :smilelol

Phoenix FRC
Holy shit I look retarded in that picture.  :willy  Damn red eye flashes making you think the picture was taken already.  :smilelol

Sorry Nic...

if i would have known i would have re-taken the pic. of course.

So now I'll have to get a better one next time with you guys doing some line dancing or something crazy & animated. :lol

BTW, The car is running good Nic, I'm lovin-it.. :thumbs

Thanks,

Guest Sidewinder
Holy shit I look retarded in that picture. :willy Damn red eye flashes making you think the picture was taken already. :smilelol

Looks like you had too many Bud Lights! :lol

You can keep the stock MAF with the 90/90 setup.