Window Tinting?

Phoenix FRC

Phoenix FRC

I want to get my windows tinted in the C5 of course and wanted to know if the membership of ACE has a friend in the business?

I got a kinda reference but it hasen't panned out yet, I just want to drive in and get-er-done!

Thanks, thanks & thanks! :thumbs

Sun Blox Window tinting did mine. Gary Oliverson owner did mine...he comes to you!!! :thumbs

602-228-9258

Guest AZ Power & Sound

We have a tint guy thats mobile and will come to you!

His name is Chris and phone is 623-204-9615... tell him Mike from AZ Power & Sound sent ya!

Mike from AZ power & sound said it best. Chris Mueller has done all my cars for the last 10 years. He will come to you & does an awesome job!

Jim

Phoenix FRC

just a follow-up,

Chris is coming to my house on Monday 5/22 at 3:00 PM to tint my C5.

At 4:00 Kipp aka (r40734) will get his 2003 Z06 tinted in my garage.

Does anyone else in the east valley want to get their windows tinted?

Later,

Did he give you a ball park estimate? I'd be interested but mine is back in the body shop for the next week or two.

Phoenix FRC
Did he give you a ball park estimate? I'd be interested but mine is back in the body shop for the next week or two.

No, we didn't talk about details.

I simply figured it would depend on what tint I bought and had put on the car.

I'll ask him when we talk next.

Guest UVETTYA

:eek What for!??

Steve

Guest XLR8TNC5
Did he give you a ball park estimate?  I'd be interested but mine is back in the body shop for the next week or two.

Steve

:toetap:withstupid

Tanya

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Lets just say you will cry when Chris tells you the price if you have ever had anyone else do your tint... I didnt think he was serious and thought maybe he only meant two windows :D It was the cheapest I have EVER paid for tint, and easily the BEST ive had with no issues around the little bubbles on the back window which EVERY tinter in the past has had to redo at least twice!

Guest UVETTYA
Did he give you a ball park estimate?  I'd be interested but mine is back in the body shop for the next week or two.

Lets just say you will cry when Chris tells you the price if you have ever had anyone else do your tint... I didnt think he was serious and thought maybe he only meant two windows :D It was the cheapest I have EVER paid for tint, and easily the BEST ive had with no issues around the little bubbles on the back window which EVERY tinter in the past has had to redo at least twice!

Hey Mike, ask him if he thinks he can fix mine. The installer I had didn't do a very good job on the plastic piece with all the holes in it, at the top of the rear window. How does he do that part? Does he cut that piece out?

Steve

Steve

Outer door was coming loose and we discovered the driverside seat frame broken when we put the new skins on.

On the Yuma cruise I hit triple digits plus and the door started making alot of racket. Body shop says it looks like they got a defective door from GM. Unlike other cars, the Vette door is all one piece so the outer skin shouldn't come loose. I give them credit in that they are dealing with it 100% with no arguement on both the door and seat frame.

The guy did kinda look funny at me when I told him how it had happened and at what speed. :D

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

Outer door was coming loose and we discovered the driverside seat frame broken when we put the new skins on.

On the Yuma cruise I hit triple digits plus and the door started making alot of racket. Body shop says it looks like they got a defective door from GM. Unlike other cars, the Vette door is all one piece so the outer skin shouldn't come loose. I give them credit in that they are dealing with it 100% with no arguement on both the door and seat frame.

The guy did kinda look funny at me when I told him how it had happened and at what speed. :D

Bummer you'll have to do without your Vette for two weeks!

But it's good they're standing behind it even though it's not really their fault.

Steve

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Hey Mike, ask him if he thinks he can fix mine. The installer I had didn't do a very good job on the plastic piece with all the holes in it, at the top of the rear window. How does he do that part? Does he cut that piece out?

Steve

Hey Steve, he said a heat gun and patience :)

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

Hey Steve, he said a heat gun and patience :)

Ask him if he can look at mine next week on Tuesday. If he can guarantee that he will make it look better, I'll let him do it. But if there's even a chance it will look worse, then warn him I'm a Vietnam veteran and sometimes I go back there in my mind...

Steve

Phoenix FRC
Ask him if he can look at mine next week on Tuesday.

Roger that... :thumbs

Phoenix FRC

Chris came by my house today and tinted my windows and...

Kipp came by today and Chris tinted his windows, :thumbs

Soo... The tint turned out great, I'll get some pictures posted up soon because you all would have to know by now I'm a big show-off. :lol

I just washed my car so I'll get some good pics tomorrow for sure. :yesnod

As suggest by Mike, Chris gave us a smokin deal, we paid for both cars what I expected to pay for each :eek I felt so bad I gave him a tip, Kipp & I both gave him more money.

Chris worked intently on the job until it was done, he just worked & worked & worked...

He did both of our FRC's in about 2.5 hours. :cool

Later!

Thomas

Guest UVETTYA

So, how do I get ahold of this guy? Did he do a good job on the top of the rear window where the plastic piece has all the holes in it?

Steve

So, how do I get ahold of this guy? Did he do a good job on the top of the rear window where the plastic piece has all the holes in it?

Steve

I'm not sure of the rules on posting information like that in this forum. I can email you his contact if you would like.

The verdict is still out on the raised dot section. He said that it takes a week or so for it to clear up, but I have noticed that about a quarter of it has already cleared up over night.

He's been doing tint for 17 years, and made it seem totally effortless, so I'm totally trusting his answer to that question right now.

Steve

You've got "Vette" mail!

By the way, Tom had a few people stop by his house while our windows were being tinted and the cars looked good enough that these people started asking the tinter to do their cars.

Excellent work.

Thanks to Mike at AZ Power & Sound for the referral :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

I'm not sure of the rules on posting information like that in this forum. I can email you his contact if you would like.

The verdict is still out on the raised dot section. He said that it takes a week or so for it to clear up, but I have noticed that about a quarter of it has already cleared up over night.

He's been doing tint for 17 years, and made it seem totally effortless, so I'm totally trusting his answer to that question right now.

Thanks.

Duh! I could have read this thread again, Mike posted his phone number, geeze.

And BTW,

[rant mode]

as far as I know it's not a problem posting vendor contact info on this forum. UNLIKE Z06vette.com and corvetteforum, we're about Corvette's here, not lining the admin's pockets with gold. Those other forums piss me off because they won't allow the free exchange of info between vette owners, even though those forums claim to be "for" the vette owner. Baloney. They are all about generating revenue. You can't post a link to a vendor that's not paying them a fee without them squashing it, and even threatening to kick you off the forum. That's bullshit. Even complaining about that on their forums will get you bashed, insulted and maybe even banned. That's pathetic. They're not corvette enthusiasts, they're money grubbers.

I hope the admins here never lower themselves to that.

[/rant mode]

Steve

Phoenix FRC

Steve,

I totally agree with your thoughts on posting phone numbers for people that help us out, business etc... because that's what the clubs are for.

The F-150 online forum will no longer allow you to post garage sale items either because the fourm has sponsors, $shit, that doesn't mean to sell out completely but that seems to be becoming the way for the larger forums with sponsors.

Please don't let this happen to ACE, this club rocks and need to stay just the way it is. :thumbs

Regards,

Thomas