ACE Autocross 2011

Desertdawg

Added one more to the paid list! Man this is going to be fun!!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

I hope nobody eats Kosher. This will not be the BBQ 4 U. :smilelol

120 lbs of boneless pork shoulder.... check

2 kinds of homemade BBQ sauce... check

Beans with so much bacon goodness in them it eats like a chili... check

Potatoe salad... check

Trailer mounted smoker to make it all happen... check

Track full of GM beauty... hell YES

I still don't know the lay of the land down there for all the events going on. Firebird is in meetings right now to hash all that out. I'll post up our general location when I know more.

For those who aren't aware, the Camaro5 fest is happing on Saturday. It is a national event drawing a LOT of Camaros in. There are drag racing and autocross events... should be pretty cool if you want to stick around and the suite will be open. :yesnod

Wow, on the Camaro5 Fest! I didn't have a clue. Was this planned, DesertDawg? I think it's awesome we can do our thing, but also have some 5th Gen Camaros to gawk at. :ACE:

Didn't plan it this way... Does anyone have a stopwatch or two we can use on Saturday???? Looking forward to some smokey goodness Dave :thumbs

Northsiders want to meet at the Bell Rd park and ride at 7am? SW corner. It looks to me like we're still about $650 short (I know some are paying more), just FYI! Also, let's not forget to take care of Dave (a la tip jar) for lunch!

Wow, what a weekend it's going to be there. So far there are ~ 1000 people registerd for Camaro5 fest and 314 drivers in events. They are also doing Friday night drags and the ACE autocross. Although I'm not sure where they're going to squeeze that in...

Posted Image

I don't think I'd trust the map much. They have the arrows on the dragstrip backwards. :eek

I don't think I'd trust the map much. They have the arrows on the dragstrip backwards. :eek

Yeah, it came from the Camaro5 Fest guys, not Firebird. I have had a heck of a time getting info from them as they are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off this week.

Oh, and the backwards drag strip is sponsored by Wilwood brakes. :smilelol

Yeah, it came from the Camaro5 Fest guys, not Firebird. I have had a heck of a time getting info from them as they are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off this week.

That answers the reason it's backwards. No runoff at the end. Stop or die. :smilelol

That answers the reason it's backwards. No runoff at the end. Stop or die. :smilelol

Is Bob's Barricades a sponsor too?

That would be cool !!!!!!! The finish and MPH traps in front of the fans.....woohooooh :smilelol

Maybe I'll slap a Camaro emblem on the ride and try to sneek in with the F-body guys :thumbs

Guest LOUDMIKE

Because of the use of the Pedder's AutoX they are staging at the end of the track on the east side. Then every car will drive down the access road and line up for racing. This also allows for the fans to see the cars as they pass by before racing. You can count on the map being accurate as the Camaro% guys have had it set up for months this way. I just hung up with Firebird officials. ONE HELLACOUS WEEKEND AHEAD!!!

But the Pfadt HPDE event is our autoX lot ???? gonna call me today Mike?

Ok, the Pfadt HPDE event is on Friday, we get the pad on Saturday... :spinin::bounce017::spinin: Time for a little :scareddriver:

wickedfastvette

If this is anyone's thing... here's the details.

http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=119276

So are they gonna charge us $20 to go in to get BBQ?

For the record, the AZFBA peeps are bringing a grill. However, please note we do not want to downplay Loud Pedal's offer and awsome hospitality in any way, you guys rock! :rockon2:

Wow Valerie that would be a bummer if we had to pay to get into that, I hope Dave posts up and lets us know.

If this is anyone's thing... here's the details.

http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=119276

So are they gonna charge us $20 to go in to get BBQ?

For the record, the AZFBA peeps are bringing a grill. However, please note we do not want to downplay Loud Pedal's offer and awsome hospitality in any way, you guys rock! :rockon2:

Wow Valerie that would be a bummer if we had to pay to get into that, I hope Dave posts up and lets us know.

I felt bad even pointing it out, but since no one else did and it's quickly aproaching, I figured I'd say something.

Hope I didn't offend...

wickedfastvette

Im sure you didnt offend anyone, it was good to point it out. I will send dave a message and ask him since I dont think he saw this.

wickedfastvette

Okay talked to Dave, he is looking into and will be letting us know tomorrow.

List updated with 2 more, one of them in a viper... :thumbs I talked to Derrick about getting to Dave's food and he said it wouldn't be a problem... Got my fingers crossed it all works out ok! Anyone ready to kill some cones?

List updated with 2 more, one of them in a viper... :thumbs

I talked to Derrick about getting to Dave's food and he said it wouldn't be a problem... Got my fingers crossed it all works out ok!

Anyone ready to kill some cones?

How does cone marks come off Clear bra? Is tape recommended over the clear bra?

I talked to Derrick about getting to Dave's food and he said it wouldn't be a problem

They've never seen the wrath of hungry ACEholes. I'm sure we'll be fine. :rockon2:

AZFBA, I am a firm believer in the theory that you can never have too much BBQ'd goodness ( although I think I'm testing that envelope this time haha ). I'll be by to catch some wayward morsels as you are welcome to do. It's track day baby!!! Vroom vroom, nom nom. :edward: