ACE Autocross 2011

Desertdawg

Yahoo!!!!! I'll bring an extra $30 with me just in case when it's all said and done. Hmmmm, my oil life says <35%, guess I should change it this weekend if I'm going to keep her at high RPM's through the cones...there goes another $70 :banghead:lol

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

Dwayne....I got confirmation this morning that the Mini club posted your auto-x event on their site. There looks to be a few takers so hopefully you recieve some calls or e-mails from them regarding questions or payment. Let me know if you hear from them.

Dwayne....I got confirmation this morning that the Mini club posted your auto-x event on their site.

There looks to be a few takers so hopefully you recieve some calls or e-mails from them regarding questions or payment. Let me know if you hear from them.

GREAT - now where's AnM?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:popcorn:

No Mini owners yet. Contract has been signed and Faxed, Bill has been paid.

Now that this thing is officially on, I just took another look at the details in the first post. Dawg says "We will run in groups with a small break in the action to transition to the next group..." Just my opinion, but I think this is a really bad idea. There is going to be not only a variety of vehicles at this event, but also a wide variety of driving experience, skill, and attitude. Running in groups is going to intimidate the inexperienced noobies and irritate the more experienced and/or aggressive drivers. This is also a safety issue. Most of us either witnessed or heard about the fence incident last time. Something like that could happen to any of us, and if there are multiple cars running at the same time, one spinout could turn into a collision with multiple vehicles damaged and possible driver or passenger injury. I know none of us want to go there. Last time cars ran one at a time, and I think everyone got plenty of runs in and had a lot of fun. I suggest that we do the same thing this time. Just my two cents. Anyone else have input on this?

Meatyshells

I disagree, i think running in a groups is a better idea. We do not have to start with two cars at a time, but maybe as the day goes on and people get a feel for the course we can bump it up to two cars. As for safety, that's why we have people out there with flags, so they can wave you down if there is a spin out or something in front of you. If we use groups, say group a,b, and c, then A can be running, B can be doing cones/timers, and C can be resting. Doing groups is more efficient

I'm going to eat as many cones as possible.....so it won't matter to me :edward:

Donna, groups means that 20 cars line up, run one at a time, then gets back in line if they want. The other 20 are working timing, or the course. The track will be setup so that one car will run, at a certian point on the course it will be on the farside ofthe course to where the second car can stArt, the 2 cars should never be anywhere near or pointed towards each other. Then as car one exits and car two passes the safe point, the starter can start the third car, at anytime the starter feels there needs to be more room between cars, or whatever reason he can stop the action. Also the course workers can stop the action for any safety reason. 2 cars should never need to worry about running into each other.

Of course if it flows as smooth as last year then we probably won't need groups and we can just rotate through the timing workers

I started taking the 66 apart today for the new rear quarter panels and repaint, so it will not be available for the autocross. Besides you guys may not appreciate an old C2 outrunning your C4, C5, or C6. When I last ran, the C4 ZR1 was availble and could not outrun me. Of course I am a little older and the car is not setup to run like it use to, so I may be off my game alittle. Who is setting up the course? I autocrossed the 66 on the east coast for years and used to setup the courses, but when the NCCC became the only game in town and required approved helmets and fire retardent suits and would not allow a convertable to run a high speed autocross without a roll bar, I got out. Wasn't fun any more. If you need some help on setup and safety let me know and I will try to make it.

Illl send you a copy of the lot when I get home after the weekend, I would like to see what you cAn come up with...

Donna, groups means that 20 cars line up, run one at a time, then gets back in line if they want.

The other 20 are working timing, or the course.

The track will be setup so that one car will run, at a certian point on the course it will be on the farside ofthe course to where the second car can stArt, the 2 cars should never be anywhere near or pointed towards each other.

Then as car one exits and car two passes the safe point, the starter can start the third car, at anytime the starter feels there needs to be more room between cars, or whatever reason he can stop the action.

Also the course workers can stop the action for any safety reason.

2 cars should never need to worry about running into each other.

Dwayne, I misunderstood what "running in groups" meant. Thanks for the clarification. :ACE:

Guest Mikey

Let's not forget to mention "Ride-alongs". It's a real learning experience (not to mention a thrill) to ride along with a better driver and see how he negotiates the course. Don't hesitate to ask for a "ride-along.

I will bump my registration fee up to $100 to help with what we are short. I challenge you all to do the same!! I can Pay Pal the extra today or I can bring it with me to the track. Let me know what you prefer. JMP

fourseventeen

Ive already paid but still not 100% sure yet if I can even make it. Guess we will see. By the way...can we show up anytime or do we need to be there first thing in the AM? And how late will this even go until?

Added Joe M. from Yuma to the list. No other additions since I posted this was a go ??? John Syb, just bring it with you. Jay, if your going to show up late let me know so you can be briefed when you get there. We have the pad from 8am to 5pm.

thevetteedge

THIS IS MY 1ST vette, a 1999 convertible, which is told bad for track. They say it Nds seat belts,rollcage and all i want is to take my new cherry onto a track. HELP pkease if info, toocraig 9544443800 HELP W DIRECTIONS THNAK U

THIS IS MY 1ST vette, a 1999 convertible, which is told bad for track. They say it Nds seat belts,rollcage and all i want is to take my new cherry onto a track. HELP pkease if info, toocraig 9544443800 HELP W DIRECTIONS THNAK U

??? :confused ???

For drag racing you'll need a cage if you run faster than 13.5 (or something like that I'm sure someone can chime in here)

For this event you don't need a rollbar, just a helmet.(I assume your car has normal 3 point seatbelts, if not you need them anyway, to drive on the street)

You can google Firebird International Raceway and get directions.

Uh good luck?

Added one more. David Fellows :thumbs Did anyone try contacting thevetteedge? Maybe a good time for a mentor that lives in the Gilbert area .... First question, ask him why 2 accounts, this one and toocraig ???