NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Freshened Up the Interior Today

LarryB

When I bought the car a couple weeks ago the leather seats were getting pretty bad. So I had them upholstered.

When I put them back in the light oak portion of the interior looked pretty bad. So I deep cleaned the carpet

and redyed the oak portions of the interior.

A few years ago when I had a restoration shop it would have been easier but I think they came out pretty well

even using rattle cans. I sell auto paint now for a living so I'm still kind of in the business.

Here's some pics. I cleaned them, masked them, hit them with some adhesion promoter and then the dye.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Larry

Came out look damn nice :thumbs Do you sell factory colors for the exterior in rattle cans ???

Thanks guys. We do put auto paint in spray cans. It would be extemely affordable for the BBQ guy. Larry

That turned out badass! Nice job and looks like new. AWESOME! :thumbs

How does the paint wear, when you scrape it with my shoes?

How does the paint wear, when you scrape it with my shoes?

It wears very well if applied correctly. You have to use the promoter and apply the paint in very light coats.

I can try to scratch it with my finger nails and get no damage. I'm not familiar with your shoes but if they are cleatless

its good. I'll keep my can of dye to do touchups when I get scuffs. I'm sure there will be some.

Larry

Thanks guys.

We do put auto paint in spray cans.

It would be extemely affordable for the BBQ guy.

Larry

Cool, I'll get in touch with you soon then! :thumbs

Awesome Larry, I've been looking for some spray touch up also. where is your store located?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest badbobs95

I did the same exact thing and it turned out fantastic. Perfect color match (saddle). The toughest part was removing the door panels and taking them apart and that's easy once you know how. And I'm dumber than I look :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

I did the same exact thing and it turned out fantastic. Perfect color match (saddle). The toughest part was removing the door panels and taking them apart and that's easy once you know how. And I'm dumber than I look :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

I'm not paying you by the word Bob...now, sell some parts :lol

while I am here..not often as I am really not a web or site browser..and hints or tips to for replacing my carpeting..the Jack-wagon that owned this car before I bought it must have been a dubbie smoker...small rug burns all over driver side..did not see as I was mesmorized when purchasing the car...Dealer? plz advise..ty

Wow. That looks great. Thinking it would look good to do the same in silver on my car.