NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

LT1/LT4 Hooker Shorties. Coated.

r40734

A buddy just sold his C4 and has some leftovers he needs to unload.

Hooker Super Comp Shorty Headers (2061) - NEW! Jet-Hot Coated. Connects to factory exhaust flange. Includes header bolts to cylinder head. $350 obo

(2) Used Optispark Distributors - 95-96 models. One well used, one installed and removed just for diagnostic work. $???

Radiator ? Used original ?94 model year. $???

If anybody is interested in the dist or rad, let me know and I'll see what he wants for them. The distributors might become target practice out in the desert. :banghead The headers are ready to go at any time.

Would they  fit an L98?  If I knew I would'nt ask.

That's a good question. My first reaction would be "No".

I know they will bolt up to the L98 style heads, they even use the same exaust gasket, but I don't know what other differences there are between the 1990 L98 and the 92-96 LT1 exhaust setup, with the exception of the AIR tubes. Maybe it's just a matter of the flanges not lining up or other components getting in the way (i.e. steering column shaft, spark plugs, etc.)

Hooker specifies that these are for the 92-95 Corvette only (why did they omit the 96) and that they won't bolt directly up with the earlier model years.

If you have removed, or plan on removing, the factory emmisions AIR injection pipes and these headers were mine, I would give it a try, but I don't personally own this set.

Maybe someone with more familiarity between the two different generations can step in here with some wisdom.

They won't work on an L-98 unless you get the piping custom fabbed as the LT-1 has cats that bolt directly to the headers and L-98 have cats under the vehicle. While its possible to make it work, if your going to fab. pipes and move conv. you might as well get long tubes as they produce more power anyway. The only benefit to shorties is the ease of install and not having to tamper with the cats. Any LT-1 owners should jump on these as headers for sale don't come up all that often.

Good call, Sloryde. I wasn't thinking about the cats at 2:30 in the morning. Thx.

Any interest, anybody? Giving locals the first shot, then I'm going to list on CF.

$50 discount for local ACE member (or non-local ACE members, too, but you would have to pay shipping)

Still have those Optisparks ?

Yep. If you're interested I'll rouse the guy up and make a deal for you. He has the same insomnia problem I have (just check all the various times of day my posts occur).

Just for your info: one of them was the original, still-working 1994 optispark that he took off to convert to a later model sometime around 2000-2001, then the other was bought and used for a one time diagnostic session. (or: one is well used, the other is just well fingerprinted).