Porter Cable Accessories

HarleyPat

Anyone on the forum know where I can buy a 6 inch backing plate for a PC 7424XP locally? It came with a 5 inch plate but I also bought some 7 inch pads so I'd like to get the correct backing plate for them. Thanks

Try Porter Cable 4001 E. Broadway Rd. Suite B 11 Phoenix 602-437-1200 Auto painters supply on E. Bell Rd. @28th St. 602-482-2536 Dwayne also has someone in Mesa/Chandler area

You can use your 5" backing plate just fine. That leaves one inch on both edges of the plate to keep you from digging that edge into your paint. Save your $. Try it and see, it won't hurt your pads, either. My advice is free.

You can use your 5" backing plate just fine. That leaves one inch on both edges of the plate to keep you from digging that edge into your paint.

Save your $. Try it and see, it won't hurt your pads, either.

My advice is free.

Thanks Ted...once again you saved me money! :partydance: Hoping to have the car detailed by Saturday with Zaino. Starting on it tomorrow. Clay bared it last week before I left for L.A. so washing it then turning on the PC for the first time. Wish me luck.