NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

76 For Sale - $15,000 - Sold Aug 8

MY76LT4

The car was purchased by an overseas buyer who has sent it to California to be shipped out.

David in Glendale

My 1976 Corvette is for sale for a fairly firm $15,000. I am now planning to buy a C5 Corvette and I just don't have a way to keep them both.

My signature has a a lot of the details about the car. Fuel injected Lt1 engine with an overdrive transmission make it as dependable as a car can be. The engine and transmission have been in since 1999/2000. Just over 12,000 miles have been put on the engine and transmission since then. You can get 30 mpg on the highway if that is important to you.

The fiberglass suspension parts front and rear, and anti-sway bars front and back, make for a comfortable ride. Great paint job and all new interior add the cosmetic touches to make it look good. I have red 1980 seats in it now to accomodate my golf clubs but the tan 1976 seats come with the car also. Both sets of seats are in great shape.

Windshield was replaced last year and the passenger and driver side windows were replaced this year. I already ate the steaks that you get for some reason when you replace a windshield.

Car handles like a charm and the brakes stop the car properly and in a straight line. I did the seat belt thing by installing the rear seat bealts from a Camaro.

Every gauge works perfectly including the clock. That alone is worth a ton of money. T-tops fit snug and the whole car has new weatherstripping. It also has a "shark-bar" in it and comes with one set of 5-point harness belts. The shark-bar helps make the car rattle free.

You can read some of the history of this car at http://www.vetteworksonline.com under engine conversions.

I travel a lot but will be in Glendale the next two weeks.

Anyone interested can contact me by email at pdgourno@juno.com

I have a ton of documentation that goes with the car including the build sheet.

David

I already ate the steaks that you get for some reason when you replace a windshield.

:smilelol

sounds like a GREAT RIDE - the LT1 is a COOL addition!

was the motor rebuilt before it was put in, or did you just drop it in when you got it? (i don't recall reading that) I'm not interested myself, but i'll keep an ear/eye out :drinkers

The engine only had 18,000 miles on it when it went in so a rebuild has never been considered. This is the fuel injected LT1 from the mid 90's Chevrolets not the carbed LT-1 from the early 70's.

The engine only had 18,000 miles on it when it went in so a rebuild has never been considered. This is the fuel injected LT1 from the mid 90's Chevrolets not the carbed LT-1 from the early 70's.

are you sure it's not an LT4 - the LT1's never had the intake manifold painted RED like yours - that would lead me to believe it's an LT4 unless you painted it yourself - or bought the "LT4 upgrade kit"

I've seen this car on the road and it is a beauty. Good luck with the sale. Robert :burnout

are you sure it's not an LT4 - the LT1's never had the intake manifold painted RED like yours - that would lead me to believe it's an LT4 unless you painted it yourself - or bought the "LT4 upgrade kit"

I have never looked it up but someone once told me all LT4 engines came with manual transmissions.

David in Glendale

That's true. All LT4s were manual only. Robert :burnout

Does it have an Opti-spark?

Now I need to go ask Tracy if she wants her own C3.

Sorry -- Tracy says no. She wants one with MORE room, not less.

Good luck.

By the way, A/C ??

By the way, A/C ??

No a/c. I have thought about putting one in from time to time but 90 percent of the time I drive the car are t-tops off kind of days.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I will be out of the country from May 26 until July 7, so while the car is for sale, I won't be around to show it until then. Please feel free to email me, especially if you are interested in seeing or buying the car once I return. I would also like to hear from anyone with a C5 who would rather have a C3 and some cash.

Happy cruisin.

Dave in Glendale

• 4 weeks later...

My son will be done with his Army duty and available to show the car starting June 26th. Anyone interested, please shoot me an email at pdgourno@juno.com.

David (Currently in Italy)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 4th of July,

I have finished another grueling business trip and I am now back in Glendale if anyone would like to have a look at the car. It is easiest for me to be contacted by email at pdgourno@juno.com

David in Glendale

Pretty quiet out there. Anyone have an interesting trade or offer they would like to make for my 76?

David in Glendale

Guest XLR8TNC5

Do you have the car on autotrader, ebay, or Corvette Forum? You may want to try putting it into one of those arenas to get it sold. Things here in ACE are a little slow right now for buying, trading, etc... Unless you have a C6 for sale. Seems a lot of ACE members are looking for those.

I wish you the best on the sale.

Tanya

Do you have the car on autotrader, ebay, or Corvette Forum? You may want to try putting it into one of those arenas to get it sold. Things here in ACE are a little slow right now for buying, trading, etc... Unless you have a C6 for sale. Seems a lot of ACE members are looking for those.

Tanya

Thanks Tanya,

I put in on the Corvette Forum about a week ago. I wish I had a C6!!!

David

I would love to have your 76, but the boss put her foot down and said the next one is a C5.

I would love to have your 76, but the boss put her foot down and said the next one is a C5.

possibly a red C5 driving.gif

:withstupid Having seen this car up close and considering how nice it is :thumbs , I figured you would've sold this pretty quickly. :twitch

GL on the CF! :xfinger

:burnout

:withstupid Having seen this car up close and considering how nice it is :thumbs , I figured you would've sold this pretty quickly. :twitch

GL on the CF! :xfinger

:burnout

Thanks,

Not sure why it is, but looking at the CF for sale section, it seems there are more C3 sellers than usual and very few potential buyers responding to the ads.

Maybe I should raise the price to let people know how nice it is? lol

David in Glendale

Dave, I was looking for 10k on mine and sold it for 8k.

The thing that helped sell mine was that the suspension had been redone and I stressed repeatedly to all potential buyers that the majority of C3's out there are junk, not maintaned properly etc etc.

Yours looks like it isn't a basket case like the others, perhaps pointing that out would help?