NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Frustrated

Don&Patty

Don&Patty

Have had my Z06 into the dealer twice to aim the headlights. The driver?s side points down about 8 feet in front of the car and the passenger side points 20 feet ahead but dead center of the car. IN other words I can?t drive the car at night BECAUSE I CAN?T SEE. How do they adjust the lights, is it by hand with the two adjusting screws or is there a machine or something. What really get me is it?s an 80 mile round trip to the dealer. Is this a common problem with C5?s? I realize that the C5 headlights leave a lot to be desired but still they should be adjustable. Makes me thing that if they can?t adjust headlight what else can?t they do? Frustrating, now I?ve got me make the third trip.

Desertdawg
I realize that the C5 headlights leave a lot to be desired.

You should drive behind a set of C3 headlights.... :eek

I damn sure wouldn't be taking it to the same dealer for the third trip. Why do you drive 80 mi for something like a headlight adjustment. There has got to be a Chevrolet dealer in Casa Grande. Warranty work can be done at any dealer. I might not have a small town dealer rebuild a transmission but they couldn't do any worse on this little job.

If the second dealer can't manage the task I'd take it to Joe's shop at Classic Gold in Tempe. If they do body work on Vettes my guess is they've probably adjusted a headlight or two.

C5 headlights do suck swamp water. I leave my driving lights on all the time and it's still pretty damn poor. Your Z doesn't have driving lights though does it?

Guest LT4ME
There has got to be a Chevrolet dealer in Casa Grande.

I work for Tom Jones Ford in Buckeye. We have a dealership in Casa Grande, Glen Jones, that is a GM dealer. Go to the Service Department, ask for JT and tell him Mike in Service at Tom Jones in Buckeye sent you and ask them to fix it right.

We can do the adj. if you are interested, but I'm with runemaster. If you bring it to a shop, any shop, especially a dealer they should be able to make the adj. quickly & easily. Even if you don't use the warranty the costs are minimal. Whatever dealer you brought it to probably didn't do anything, as its difficult to misadjust the headlamps. Hope this helps...Joe

knkayotte
You should drive behind a set of C3 candlelights.... :eek

Fixed it for you Dawg

Don&Patty

Runemaster: I'll take it over there sometime this week. You may have heard of the Chevy. dealer here in CG When the service writer said " gee I didn't know we could adjust them" I decided to take the car up to Phx. to a dealer right on the "freeway."

Wake Champ

It is unfortunate that Casa Grande, how much it has grown fails to attract any businesses.

I had a bad experience once at cropper chevrolet in casa grande. This may sound crazy...but they told me that my C5 Z06 was not actually a Z06.

I am not joking at all!

I realize that the C5 headlights leave a lot to be desired.

You should drive behind a set of C3 headlights.... :eek

There are headlights on a C3 ????

I thought those were just bright turn signals.

Since my car is lowered (too much) the headlights point too low on the road. I have the aim cranked all the way up and it's just a vague suggestion of light in front of the car at night.