NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone installed headers before

Phoenix FRC

Phoenix FRC

I'm planning on getting headers real soon and there's no way I'm paying out the big bucks to pay someone else to do it.

I will need someone to help me but almost no actual help.. just the buddy system for safety.

Anyone interested in helping me with this?

I know someone in apache Junction that has a shop and he will allow me to work on my car at his shop if I pay the hourly rate of $29.00 per hour.

That's good for me to simply have a lift for my personal use.

Anyway..... back to the question.

Is anyone interested in helping out? Maybe we can barder a little and I'll help mod your vette in return.

Later,

When are you looking to do the work?

If I am available I would help.

Phil... :devil

Phoenix FRC

I want to buy the headers in the next week or so, maybe this week.

I am selling my Harley Davidson truck, already got a buyer and meeting him at the bank tomorrow.

Wanna see my truck before it's gone?

http://www.azclubgp.com/pdxgtp/PDXGTP/Ford%20F-150%20HD/

Anyway, Texas Speed is suposed to release their ceramic coated LT's in mid June and I want to get it done before it gets too hot so I'm going to get the LG street LT's and they usually ship almost the same day as the sale takes place..

So..... maybe in May. No later then May.

'm not afraid to work o my cars, I just want a safety buddy and it's a big help to have help that's good with a wrench. ;)

I'd even be willing to take a day off work too.

How is the situation for your garage?, sorry.. rookie question I know.

Thanks for the reply.

Thomas

I am decent with a wrench but no certified mechanic. :D

Let me know when you are almost ready. I will be out of town between the 15th and 19th of May.

I'm planning on getting headers real soon and there's no way I'm paying out the big bucks to pay someone else to do it.

I will need someone to help me but almost no actual help.. just the buddy system for safety.

Anyone interested in helping me with this?

I know someone in apache Junction that has a shop and he will allow me to work on my car at his shop if I pay the hourly rate of $29.00 per hour.

That's good for me to simply have a lift for my personal use.

Anyway..... back to the question.

Is anyone interested in helping out? Maybe we can barder a little and I'll help mod your vette in return.

Later,

at $30 PER HOUR - you might as well ask around for rates - like Mike at AZ Power and Sound - he did Steve's (UVETTYA) headers he can probably get them on in a couple hours himself - and it may take you twice the time, as you ahve never done it before - so if the rates will be similar - i'd ask first!

Steve's thread can be found here

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1491

there is no mention of time or price - but i'm sure mike can accomodate you!

Guest Kens06

A big question is what headers do you plan on buying??

Some brands are pretty straight forward while others, like Kook's can be a real pain!

This is info thru other forums, not my personal experience!!

Ken

Phoenix FRC

That's a great install page Phil, thanks for sharing :thumbs

As Phil noticed, I'm getting the LG street long tubes.

LGStreetSeriesHeaders.jpg

I was talking with Vette owner that said he paid $650 for the install. I'm sorry but I'll pay $150 for lift time and do it myself. Or like it was done in that install thread where that guy jacked the car up with a phone book :lol That was pretty cool.

I wouldn't pay for an install unless it was under $300.00. No hard feelings either... I like working on my car. ;)

Thanks for the feed back,

I'll call that guy "Mike" but I'm not going to spill my cash all over the floor, I'd rather use that money for mods :D

Thanks again.

In the Pontiac club I used to install headers for other members for free, I realize Mike is in business and all.

BTW, does ACE members get a discount rate?, Install with free tune?

Later,

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I charge $350 for header installs, however I also sell LG Longtubes at $100 off Lous price... your call :)

If you just want the headers I will knock $20 off Lous price and you can pick them up when they come in.

Phoenix FRC

$100.00 off LG prices huh? That's like paying $250.00 for install.

Now that has apeal.

I'll call you tomorrow.

knkayotte
I want to buy the headers in the next week or so, maybe this week.

I am selling my Harley Davidson truck, already got a buyer and meeting him at the bank tomorrow.

Wanna see my truck before it's gone?

http://www.azclubgp.com/pdxgtp/PDXGTP/Ford%20F-150%20HD/

Anyway, Texas Speed is suposed to release their ceramic coated LT's in mid June and I want to get it done before it gets too hot so I'm going to get the LG street LT's and they usually ship almost the same day as the sale takes place..

So..... maybe in May. No later then May.

'm not afraid to work o my cars, I just want a safety buddy and it's a big help to have help that's good with a wrench. ;)

I'd even be willing to take a day off work too.

How is the situation for your garage?, sorry.. rookie question I know.

Thanks for the reply.

Thomas

Nice truck, you weren't trying to race down a little red corvette up black canyon a few months ago, were you? :leaving

Phoenix FRC
Nice truck, you weren't trying to race down a little red corvette up black canyon a few months ago, were you? 

Nope, that's a nice truck with style but i never really modded it. Only a drop in K&N filter and the Corsa cat back.

Actually I have a set of pacesetter longtubes with the Y-pipe and they are jet hot coated, heck.. I waited a month just to get the coating done by Jet hot.

Anyway, I never installed the headers and sold the truck so now i have a set of coated long tube headers that will fit a 2000 & 2001 F150 supercrew, if you know anyone interested let me know or I'm going to post them on Craigslist and the F150 online forum.

later

Phoenix FRC
I charge $350 for header installs, however I also sell LG Longtubes at $100 off Lous price... your call :)

If you just want the headers I will knock $20 off Lous price and you can pick them up when they come in.

Can I have a phone number please?

Every time I call the number on the web page i get the fax.

Thanks,

$100.00 off LG prices huh? That's like paying $250.00 for install.

Now that has apeal.

I'll call you tomorrow.

TOLD YA SO! :P

did you try 480-966-1168? that's the last number i have

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Can I have a phone number please?

Every time I call the number on the web page i get the fax.

Thanks,

Thank Qwest for that one... our lines are ALL messed up right now! Shoot me an email at mike@azpowerandsound, or call 480-966-1168

Nice truck, you weren't trying to race down a little red corvette up black canyon a few months ago, were you? 

Nope, that's a nice truck with style but i never really modded it. Only a drop in K&N filter and the Corsa cat back.

Actually I have a set of pacesetter longtubes with the Y-pipe and they are jet hot coated, heck.. I waited a month just to get the coating done by Jet hot.

Anyway, I never installed the headers and sold the truck so now i have a set of coated long tube headers that will fit a 2000 & 2001 F150 supercrew, if you know anyone interested let me know or I'm going to post them on Craigslist and the F150 online forum.

later

When did you get the work done at Jet-Hot, Tom? I just had some brackets done about a month ago for the turbo stuff and they were done in two days. I just called about getting the headers for my beater truck done and they said it would take a week. It makes me wonder what the hold up was that it took a month. ;)