Where should I have my b&b bullets installed?

Guest Bradsc5

Guest Bradsc5

Hi, I'm new here and in need of some local advice.

I live in the far west valley, Gateway Chevrolet wants $250 to swap my cat-back, seems expensive from what I've seen on the net. Is midas a safe choice for this, I'm concerned about the tips being level and need the old borla exhaust intact(not cut off) so I can sell it.

Thanks

I would suggest AZ Power and Sound or Xtreme for the exhaust swap.

As for price I can not recall what is the going rate, maybe one of the shops will chime in.

As for your original system, if it is not a Titanium Z06 exhaust, then pretty much concider it junk. Not many buyers for standard Corvete exhaust.

Hope that helps.

Phil... :devil

Guest Bradsc5

I haven't been to AZ power and sound, but they obviously have a good rep here. However, I live at about 211th ave and Indian School and was hoping to avoid the drive. I work by them(Priest and Broadway), but I work nights -- 10pm to 8 am. Do they make appts. ? Can't get them to answer the phone.

I haven't been to AZ power and sound, but they obviously have a good rep here. However, I live at about 211th ave and Indian School and was hoping to avoid the drive. I work by them(Priest and Broadway), but I work nights -- 10pm to 8 am. Do they make appts. ? Can't get them to answer the phone.

Keep on trying...I just talked to Mike a little while ago, on the phone, he is in, but his receptionist is not, thus the issue with the phone.

They might work best for you. I have know for them to work later hours in the shop then the average shop.

Send him a pm also.

Guest Sidewinder

Hey Bradsc5,

PM me your contact info. I might be able to help a fellow night shifter.

Mark

Guest XLR8TNC5
Hey Bradsc5,

PM me your contact info. I might be able to help a fellow night shifter.

Mark

Brad,

I have the B&B Bullets on my C5. Sidewinder installed them for me in about 30-45minutes and all it cost me was a 6 pack of beer! lol. But then again, I am married to him! lol.

I would highly recommend his work. HE is very particular and didn't finish mine until those pipes were straight! lol..

Besides that, he is a good guy! :wub And we live in Litchfield Park so we are close to ya! :thumbs

Tanya

Guest Bradsc5

Tanya,

Thanks for the info, I sent my phone# to Mark. 6 pack and a wedding is way out of my budget! Maybe, he'll cut me a deal! I would love to hear your vette's exhaust, same set-up I have in mind, bank acct keeps slowing the project though. What kind of mpg do you get w/ the 3.42's?

Nice to know other vette owners have discovered the west side of town!

Seems like everything is in Tempe and Chandler.

Thanks again, I'll wait for Mark's call.

Brad

Guest XLR8TNC5

Brad,

Here is a link to a Dyno run of my car, you can get a general idea of the tone. Sounds better in person, but sounds killer at WOT!

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/43443

Currently, I am getting about 22-26mpg Hwy and 19-22 City. I can't complain, now if I could just keep my foot out of it. YEAH RIGHT!

The 3.42's and the 3200 Stall completely changed the car into a different animal. I highly recommend the swap to EVERYONE!

Tanya

P.S. Ill let Mark know he has a PM. He is a swing shifter so, Ill talk to him tonight for ya. :thumbs

Guest Bradsc5

WOW!! That sounded great! Love the sound as the motor winds back down.

Not sure if I got the 2.73(I think that's the right #'s) or the 3.15 in my A4. I pick it up this week, it replaces my other 98 A4(3.15) that was totaled after it met the concrete wall on I-10 at the Agua Fria river overpass.

How much did the 3.42's and stall set you back?

Guest XLR8TNC5

Not sure if I got the 2.73(I think that's the right #'s) or the 3.15 in my A4. I pick it up this week, it replaces my other 98 A4(3.15) that was totaled after it met the concrete wall on I-10 at the Agua Fria river overpass.

Brad,

I paid $650 for each component and Extreme installed everything. I will pull my receipts and let you know what they charged me because I can't remember. :lol

Tanya

Guest LT4ME

I bet that sounded fabulous in person. I just love that sound... and the smell of race fuel... Mmmmmm, raaaceee fuuueeellll... :burnout

i had the 3.42's put in mine too - you can get them at fredbeansgmparts.com

they are pretty reasonable for BRAND NEW - just over $1200 shipped

i had mike install them, but forgot how much he charged me.

if sidewinder can't help, maybe you can stop by Muffler Masters at 55th Ave and Glendale after work one day - their family has been working on our cars for 20 years!

they did the exhaust on my truck TWICE (my fault of course) and i have sent several referrals for truck exhausts there!

it couldn't hurt to stop by and talk to them and see if they can help!

Guest Kens06

Hey Tanya,

How about a little press for the PRT's your old man has??

Not to steal the thread, BUT??

Prt's are cool too!!

NOT DIALUP FRIENDLY!! 20MB file!!

Mark's future Z.

He's on the right, watching.

The smoke is from the tires spinning on the dyno, not the motor!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yes, I will admit, the PRT's are really cool too!!!!!!!!!!!! I can never get those PUTFILES to work for me, but luckily that car is sitting in the garage right now. lol

Our neighbors said that when Mark starts up the Z it scares the pee out of them! lol... It does reverberate through the whol F'n neighborhood and all my walls in the house start shaking. lol....

My car makes the walls shake, but it has too low a tone to scare the pee out of anyone. lol.

Tanya

Guest Kens06

The night shift comes together!!

He's a picky ass mechanic Brad!! And, Very good!! :thumbs

Bring Beer!

A 12 pk of Corona and a jar of green olives, and you may get him to take you for a ride in the Z after he bloody's his knuckles on your ride!!

Ken

Guest LT4ME
Prt's are cool too!!

Mark's future Z.

Ken

notworthy.gif That was awesome. Great car! What was the RWHP result of that pull?

I really don't want to mod my CE... but watching stuff like that might force me to buy another one for that speed-need. Maybe I'll even get to run it at the strip once before INTY kills me for spending our 401K money on another dragster...

Guest Sidewinder

Prt's are cool too!!

Mark's future Z.

Ken

notworthy.gif That was awesome. Great car! What was the RWHP result of that pull?

I really don't want to mod my CE... but watching stuff like that might force me to buy another one for that speed-need. Maybe I'll even get to run it at the strip once before INTY kills me for spending our 401K money on another dragster...

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1588

Here is my sheet after the 90/90 install

Guest LT4ME

Niiiice. I just had Ang stand & watch that vid with me and we both got the horsepower shivers from watching it. :D

Guest Sidewinder
Niiiice. I just had Ang stand & watch that vid with me and we both got the horsepower shivers from watching it. :D

Thanks!! :thumbs

Guest Bradsc5

Mark -- thanks again, I'll call you when I pick them up

Ken -- thanks for garage advice, good luck on the new z06

Mike -- thanks for the quick response, I'm going to take Mark up on his offer, but I'll be bringing you my head unit, amp, and sub install business

Togo and/or Tanya -- can I just swap the gears, or is the stall convert a must

Togo and/or Tanya -- can I just swap the gears, or is the stall convert a must

I did just a gear swap without a stall converter change.

It worked just fine for the factory converter.

Just make sure and get reprogrammed for the gear change.

Guest Sidewinder

Togo and/or Tanya  -- can I just swap the gears, or is the stall convert a must

I did just a gear swap without a stall converter change.

It worked just fine for the factory converter.

Just make sure and get reprogrammed for the gear change.

Phil

I thought you had a 6spd?