NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

So how about a club track day before it gets hot?

Phoenix FRC

Phoenix FRC

I live in Chandler, fairly near Firebird and I was wondering if the club has club track days?

I tend to go frequestly but if I don't kow about any Vettes going I might just take the Pontiac because I still want to get it into the 11's before it gets too hot.

I do want to see what the Vette will put down even thou it's most likely the second fastest car I own.... I'm about 90% sure the Pontiac will out run it.

Later,

Thomas

Firebird does not do club track days that I know of. However, Speedworld does have them available and we have done one of their race days before. We did a day back in November where we had about 16 cars all do bracket racing and it worked out really well.

Speedworld just had one on April 9th, and I don't see another one listed until November 19th and December 10th.

Call out to each track and see if a club can come out and do an event during one of their scheduled points night events or something other than one of the open Friday / Saturday nights when everyone is running.

Phoenix FRC

I guess that's all I meant, what night of the month does everyone meet at a track and what track.

Next time you head to the track for Friday night street legal drags let me know please. :burnout

I guess that's all I meant, what night of the month does everyone meet at a track and what track.

Next time you head to the track for Friday night street legal drags let me know please. :burnout

Well, just pick a night that you want to go, post that you are going and invite other's to join you.

One thing about A.C.E. --- if you want an event to happen, don't wait for others to do it. Go out and do it yourself and invite others to join in.

Phoenix FRC

Next time you head to the track for Friday night street legal drags let me know please.  :burnout

Well, just pick a night that you want to go, post that you are going and invite other's to join you.

One thing about A.C.E. --- if you want an event to happen, don't wait for others to do it. Go out and do it yourself and invite others to join in.

Roger that.... :flag

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know Mark and I may be interested, as we are both itching to get out on the track and do a grudge match against each other. So, let us know when you plan to go out. Depending on if he has the DR's on his car yet or not will determine if we can make it. I have DR's and I can just hear it now when I beat him, "Well, if I had had DR's your BEEP BEEP BEEP would have been toast!" lmao... So, I gotta give him a chance to make it fair, even though he has 20 more hp and 13 more ft pounds of torque than I do. But with the 6 speed, he has a handicap... LOL. J/K babe!

Seriously, let us know the date.

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA
So, I gotta give him a chance to make it fair, even though he has 20 more hp and 13 more ft pounds of torque than I do. But with the 6 speed, he has a handicap... LOL. J/K babe!

Tanya

There's more truth to that than you think. You can lose half a second or more on one shift, and there's no way you can shift a stick as fast as an automatic. There are a lot of Z06 owners out there who can't get their cars into the 12's. My first few runs were in the 13's and it took me probably 20 runs or more to get into the mid 12's, even with drag radials.

Steve

92ZR1Wannabe
So, I gotta give him a chance to make it fair, even though he has 20 more hp and 13 more ft pounds of torque than I do. But with the 6 speed, he has a handicap... LOL. J/K babe!

Tanya

There's more truth to that than you think. You can lose half a second or more on one shift, and there's no way you can shift a stick as fast as an automatic. There are a lot of Z06 owners out there who can't get their cars into the 12's. My first few runs were in the 13's and it took me probably 20 runs or more to get into the mid 12's, even with drag radials.

Steve

I seem to remember seeing a few timeslips where Mark actually drove Tanyas car faster then Tanya could.

Could just be the painkillers playing with my mind though.

:leaving

Tanya

Steve

I seem to remember seeing a few timeslips where Mark actually drove Tanyas car faster then Tanya could.

Could just be the painkillers playing with my mind though.

:leaving

you are correct, mark drove tanyas car faster than tanya did - he's the one who got it in the 11's!

if i go, i'm gonna pull some air out (as Steve thinks it will help) and see if i can run 11's too! if i can hit that and then get my blow-down tube for my nitrous bottle, then i'll try runnin' on the sauce!

:burnout

92ZR1Wannabe

Maybe ill have to show up and lay down a scorching mid to high 13 sec run :)

(I just wanna get some video / sound of the corsas in a all out run )

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeppers, Mark did get my car into the 11.9's. My best run was the 12.1@116mph. However, I didn't know how to do a burnout that well THEN!!! HEHEHE :devil EVIL GRIN.....Now,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah. I can get those DR's heat up quite nicely. thanks! Nothing like Mark of course, he is the MASTER of burnouts, :cool but I can get them smokin alright now. Just did a practice tonight as a matter of fact. NIIIICEEE! Oh but I also have Mark beat hands down on my reaction times. Oh wait that was everyone's reactions times in this club, except for Mr. Seery. :thumbs

As long as I know I am in the water box this next time................Mo'f'n idiot kid lied to me! :toetap lol...

Im ready whenever. Just waiting on Mark to get the DR's. And we gotta get this done before the heat starts getting too bad.

Tanya

• 3 weeks later...
Im ready whenever. Just waiting on Mark to get the DR's. And we gotta get this done before the heat starts getting too bad.

Tanya

Too late :mad

Phoenix FRC

Tanya

Too late :mad

Yeah, it's a bit late for that but the good news is that anything we can do now will improve once the weather improves.

By the way, Tom, your exhuast sounded pretty good when you left that stoplight yesterday. It's going to get downright mean when you get the rest of the system installed.

Phoenix FRC
By the way, Tom, your exhuast sounded pretty good when you left that stoplight yesterday.  It's going to get downright mean when you get the rest of the system installed.

:thumbs Thanks, I agree, I can't wait.. :D I'm like a kid in a candy shop just waitin to take my first bite.. :yesnod

Of course I pulled away on you so you could hear it :burnout I just love that LS base engine sound. :thumbs