Zaino

HarleyPat

I've been using Zaino products to clean and polish my 350Z for 8 years. The first time I brought it into a dealer here in AZ he didn't believe it was a 2003..I was one of the first to take delivery in Oct. 2002...Just wondered if anyone else here uses Zaino? I put the first coats on my Vette yesterday and very happy with the depth of shine. I don't have a detailer's eye so any comments pro or con are appreciated.

I used it when I bought my first Vette in 02. It's great stuff but having to buy it online all the time got old. I've switched to Meguiars because it's available locally. I've seen some amazing results with Adam's products too.

Like Eddie, I used to use Zaino but found the time it took to go through all the "steps" was too long and labor intensive. Also, in Canada it is very expensive to buy (online) from the distributor in eastern Canada. I now use Meguiars but to each his/her own. Keep using whatever works best for you.

Thanks guys...jstrutt...is there a car in any of your photos?? Can't seem to get past the women! :banannadance:

I mainly use Zaino, but sometimes Meguairs NXT2, Griot's, and Bullit products also.....they are all just fine and it boils down to personal preference.

I use Griot's.... I used to have a fat hook up on it through one of my customers, but that went away and now I'm hooked. I may try some Adams stuff next...

Thanks guys...I don't think the person that had the car before me took very good care of the paint...might have a lot of work to do to get it where I think it should be. I did have a clear bra installed about 2 days after I bought it. Had one on the 350 since day one and like the protection it gives the front end. Love the forum, learning a lot...thanks for the input.

Phill's Vette

I've heard a lot of good things about Zaino, but never used it...been using Adams from day one and real happy with it. :rockon2:

Guest Wild Bill

Pat The best thing about Zaino is the ease of application and removal..........the killer shine is a big plus too! My philosophy is to get the finish in the best possible condition before the first application of Zaino. I use Meguiars Pro line to prep the surface...205 and 105. I use no glazes. I just finished a turbo 08 Mustang that had painted stripes, clear painted entire car and then wet sanded. I removed all the tiny flaws and applied 5 coats of Z-5 with Z-6 in between coats with one coat of Z-CS. I hit it with Z-8 just before my friend picked it up. Needless to say, he was floored. Now he has a Zaino program that he can use to maintain the program I started for him.

So after wet sanding, 205, 105, you then put on 12 coats of zaino products ? You must be tired! And you didn't post a picture ??? :lol

Guest Wild Bill

So after wet sanding, 205, 105, you then put on 12 coats of zaino products ? You must be tired!

And you didn't post a picture ??? :lol

LOL...........He took the car before I could take pics! :banghead:facepalm::smilelol :smilelol

I always use Z-6 detail spray between coats. It cleans up any residue and just plain makes it easier to apply the next coat of whatever.

Posted Image

LMMFAO!!!! :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

I also spray down with Z-6 between coats of Z-5...(5 coats Wild Bill? I was exhausted after 3 but then I'm older than Dirt!)think I might have to start over though because I'm noticing the tiny swirls in the paint when it's out in the sun. I bought some Zaino PC but a little hesitant to use it. My brain says Sal would never send me anything that would harm my paint but......I think I'm afraid I might screw up the application. Maybe I'll try it on a small out of sight section first

Guest Wild Bill

I also spray down with Z-6 between coats of Z-5...(5 coats Wild Bill? I was exhausted after 3 but then I'm older than Dirt!)think I might have to start over though because I'm noticing the tiny swirls in the paint when it's out in the sun. I bought some Zaino PC but a little hesitant to use it. My brain says Sal would never send me anything that would harm my paint but......I think I'm afraid I might screw up the application. Maybe I'll try it on a small out of sight section first

PC is the "degrading" type of polish. It starts out at a certain "roughness" and works down to a fine polish. It does take a bit to get used to using with a DA buffer. By hand is a LOT of work.

Feel free to PM me if you're able to stop by the central Phoenix area. I'd be happy to take a look at your car and make some recommendations in a good direction for you to take.

Thanks WildBill...I'll PM you when I get back to town in a couple weeks...In L.A. for Holidays then doing the Cleveland Browns game in Cleveland Sunday then the Cavs NBA game in Cleveland on Thursday night followed by a Seahawks game in Seattle the following Sunday...I think the airport sequence is BUR - DFW - CLE - DFW - PHX - DFW - CLE - ORD - SEA - PHX.....that should give me my million miles on American!!!

I think that you have to do megs 105 first then 205. 105 is for correction and 205 is for polishing, but to each there own!

PC is the "degrading" type of polish. It starts out at a certain "roughness" and works down to a fine polish.

Meguiars calls it diminishing abrasives...

Guest Wild Bill

I think that you have to do megs 105 first then 205. 105 is for correction and 205 is for polishing, but to each there own!

I really didn't list it in order....or intend to make it look that way. :cheers

Just let me know when ya get back Pat and we'll set something up.