NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTB Jeep Wrangler

old yeller

I am looking to purchase a 1998-2006 Jeep Wrangler, 6 cylinder with an automatic transmission. Color is not important but reliability is. It will be a vehicle for my son to learn how to drive. (He keeps wanting to drive the Vette.) :banghead Let me know if you have one or if you see one somewhere for sale. Thanks, Joe. :burnout2

Not to start a Jeep vs Land Cruiser war but I thoroughly enjoy my '96 cruiser and they are known to run forever. It's a tank which is why I would recommend them as a good first car in the offroad category. Just my '02

Jeep and "reliable" don't collide in the same sentence very often. If you're looking for a vehicle to let him learn how to turn a wrench then it's the perfect choice. :2cents

Jeep and "reliable" don't collide in the same sentence very often. If you're looking for a vehicle to let him learn how to turn a wrench then it's the perfect choice. :2cents

The statement above is correct and true, even when it's new.

Guest gtmotor

haha I agree with the two posts above me. How about an older Honda/Toyota? The Jeep has enough torque and a high center of gravity to get a young driver in trouble... But anyway, to help you out: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2049702679.html http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/2049485466.html http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2044744706.html I found those three with less than 3 minutes of searching. There are tons of them on Craigslist :thumbs

Yeah, I have looked at most of them on Craigslist and need something a little more reliable. :thankyou: I have owned Jeeps in the past and find them easy to work on and it teaches my son how to work on them.

Here's a 06 that outta get him in trouble..... 4.0L SMPI I6 POWER TECH ENGINE AUTOMATIC TRANS. Mileage: 32,251 and it's "Yeller"

Joe being a cheap skate..... :lol

Knowing my son, with something that nice, he would be driving it to Jr. High School when i was gone. :facepalm:

Yeah but just think of all his friends who thought you were a stuck up tightwad prude will now see you in a different light.. Plus your son has a sex life to pursue, get him this cool jeep and he's almost assured to hear his name moaned sexily in his ear while in the back seat...

wickedfastvette

Joe being a cheap skate..... :lol

Knowing my son, with something that nice, he would be driving it to Jr. High School when i was gone. :facepalm:

Joe I thought your son was old enough to drive? Why is he still in Jr High School.

You're going at this all wrong Joe. My Dad had the right idea. My first car was a 1951 Willy's Jeep. I bought it for $75 from a golf driving range. Dad made me put it in the backyard and told me when the engine, trans were rebuilt and the body work (golf ball dings looked like Sean's Traverse after the hail storm) were done I could drive it. It took me about a year and a half to do all the work but I learned auto mechanics 101. If you're kid is 13 he can't drive it anyway. Get him a junker and tell him when the works done he can drive it.

You are absoluty correct Eddie. That is why I do not want a really nice one like Ed posted. Looking for something to take into the desert and let him learn the basics of driving and when we get home, repair what we need. He really wants to drive the Vette though. :facepalm:

I was going to say tell him he can drive the Vette "over your dead body" but that might give him ideas :lol

You could look at it like this... Better looking car = better looking girlfriend = better looking kids + better job opportunities for all = more money to pay for a better old folks home for Joe. 14K = possible 1.4M small investment = better retirement :lol

• 1 month later...