3rd Annual Gila Bend BBQ Cruise

BSeery

Well, I'm in.  Kelly is not going, but I did manage to find a another co-pilot.  :cheers:

TD Bear normally wears his pajamas and stays home in Keiths bedroom but this time he gets a special treat. He gets to be the co-pilot!

pilotbear.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• BSeery

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

Weather forecast is not looking very good for the 19th.  What happens if it rains?

We're talking Gila Bend here! It's the hottest driest place in the country I think. Have faith! :D

If it rains do you think your wife will let us move inside Dwayne? :smilelol: :smilelol:

Edit: Okay, Death Valley is hotter and drier! :lol:

Well, if it rains, ummmm ! ..Just remember, Corvettes don't melt... :huh:

I will still have 30 pounds of BBQ, 12 pounds of cooked corn, and 15 pounds of ranch style beans. We can figure out how to keep everyone dry, if you show up...

Me? I am keeping my fingers crossed for great weather....

(now wheres that damned "fingers crossed" smiley?)

Here is how they predict the weather in Gila Bend.

aab.sized.jpg

The Weather Rock

This rock is the perfect weather indicator, it never fails. It is more accurate than your local weather person. This rock is 100% correct. This is how it works:

a dry rock means fair weather.

a wet rock means it's raining.

a dusty rock means a dust storm.

a swaying rock means it's windy.

a shadow under the rock means it's sunny.

a white rock means it's snowing.

if the rock is hot, it's summer time.

if the rock is jumping up and down, an earthquake is upon us.

if the bottom of the rock is under water it's a flood.

if it is hard to see, it's foggy out.

if the rock is gone, there is a tornado.

It is so accurate that the U.S. Armed Forces use it for their weather forcasting.

1idweatherrock.jpg

If we have to, we can move to the park in Gila Bend.  They have a large covered area, but no bathrooms.

Umm, I found out the park with the big cover is already reserved, I checked a couple of weeks ago, and it is taken from about noon on....

Most of the time, the sun will come out down here a day before it does in Phoenix, so I'm still hoping for the best....

Here's the latest list, some additions from Serria Vista.

And the food already coming...

Added the Sierra Vista group....

Dan W.Chips

Fast Eddie C. & Crazy Kim (ask him about it!)

Ken. cheap beer!!

Ray & June Arambarri

Tony * MoFo * McC. & Nancy

Mark & Tanya (oh which C5 to drive???)Salsa & Chips

John & Melinda K.

Ken Carpenter

Glenn (Passenger???) mommas meatballs

Bryan & Tracy (moved to the middle of the list) 1/2 sheet birthday cake & sodas

Chris in the dreamsicle

Chad +1 and you have to drive the real vette, no hemi's

Michael (F22Trainer)(passenger???)

Stephen Davidson (passenger???)

Robert Pilchman

Catbert & Mrs. Catbert fruit platter

Tim & Johnnie (hopefully)

Milan & DeAnna Eaton

Joe (VMI Vette) (passenger???)

Jim & Dorothy Apple Pies

Jay & Susan in their 1980

Supercharged Phil & Lisa yelling "SLOW DOWN"

Earl & Elaine Balentine couple cases of beer

John And Beverly SeegerPotato Salad

Lori

Keith & TD Bear Old Dry Rolls

Ed & Kim Catlett Cole Slaw

Chuck D.

Sierra Vista

Dion And Deb Anderson

Dave and Ann Zilinski

Nick Farkas (if car is done)

Danny Farkas +1

Bill and Sue Rose

Randall Peters

Guest XLR8TNC5

I can't wait, this is going to be so much fun. I just REALLY hope it doesn't rain though. :P

And if it does, then Im still a go go on the BBQ attendance. :cheers:

However, if the BBQ gets moved to Sunday, I will not be able to attend. :angry:

I have another engagement on Sunday, as well as the 3 Doors Down concert to go to.

Damn, come on Saturday!

T

I am there rain or sunshine. Currently in Hartford, CT and already expirenced rain, snow, and plenty of cold. I sure can use some of that Arizona weather.

:burnout:

I am there rain or sunshine. Currently in Hartford, CT and already expirenced rain, snow, and plenty of cold. I sure can use some of that Arizona weather.

You know what they say about Phoenix, "it's a dry heat". Well, in Gila Bend "it's a dry rain".

Dust_Storm_Texas_1935.jpg

Bob Kroener called me today. He says that he and his wife may come out.

He told me that the Dysart area was one of the worst areas to meet at. He mentioned some road like "verado" or something like that that was a few exits past Litchfield Rd. He said we should meet there.

I told him it was too late to let everyone know. That and there is nothing at that exit, no place to park. He suggested just parking on the side of the ramp.

I can't find any road by that name on Mapquest, so I don't know what the exact name is or where it is at.

However, Eddie, I will put you in charge of the West group. If it looks like the area at In 'n' Out is too small or getting too full then maybe you can stay there and tell people to meet us a few exits down.

I have your cell phone number Eddie so I will call you when we leave Krispy Kreme and again when we get close to the west side to find out what is going on.

I think everyone we have is old enough to be able to get on and off at Dysart. If we get separated we can rejoin later. We will have radios, and for the most part we all know where we are going.

Guest XLR8TNC5

You know what, Mark was saying that he thought the I & O was a bad spot to meet as well and suggested that we all wait on the interstate (pulled over to the side.)

The only problem with I & O is that we will have to go North to Mcdowell to try to turn around and head back to the I-10 ramp. There is a VERY big chance of everyone getting separated. Hopefully, everyone understands that if we get separated we can pull over and wait on the side of the Interstate for everyone to catch up. I would hate to have everyone looking forward to a caravan ending up driving by themselves because no one will wait for them.

I know we did really well last time with pulling over and waiting for everyone to catch up. So, hopefully that will work for us again.

Verrado is new. It probably would not be on any map yet. I think Estrella Parkway, (1 exit past Litchfield Road) would have been a great meeting spot, but it is too late to change the meeting spot. So, lets keep the I&O locale and hope for the best.

Mark got me an AWESOME Co-Pilot for this trip! And Mark is going to be driving his own Vette as well. Woohoo. Now, we can..............oh nevermind. This will be a nice drive. Im gonna make sure to bring the camera, as I think this will be really awesome having so many cool Vettes out in Gila. Now all we can hope for is NO RAIN! NO RAIN! Everyone say it together, NO RAIN!"

Tanya

This will be a nice drive. Im gonna make sure to bring the camera, as I think this will be really awesome having so many cool Vettes out in Gila. Now all we can hope for is NO RAIN! NO RAIN! Everyone say it together, NO RAIN!"

Tanya

Were you a Cheerleader in HS girl? Got to love a positive attitude though!

Bryan,

No problem, I'll survey the situation when I get out west and let you know. I don't think DPS is going to approve of us all just pulling over to the side of I-10. If we end up having to do that we should pull off on an access road.

If and WHEN we all do get seperated pulling out of the west meeting area we can all just meet up again on the interstate and again when we turn off I-10 to 85 south.

We are all adults, well -- most of us. I think we can get it figured out.

Besides, it's going to be 10 a.m. on a Saturday. Shouldn't be to terribly bad.

We are all adults, well -- most of us. I think we can get it figured out.

Hey! Hey! I resent that! I refuse to grow up (as most of you know by now). :D

Ok everyone, look the list over, and make sure your name is there. Also look at what people are bringing, and let me know what you can add to the list....

Updated the list again....

Dan W.Chips

Fast Eddie C. & Crazy Kim (ask him about it!)Cole Slaw

Ken. cheap beer!!

Ray & June Arambarri

Tony * MoFo * McC. & Nancy

Mark & Tanya (oh which C5 to drive???)Salsa & Chips

John & Melinda K.

Ken Carpenter

Glenn (Passenger???) mommas meatballs

Bryan & Tracy (moved to the middle of the list) 1/2 sheet birthday cake & sodas

Chris in the dreamsicle

Chad +1 and you have to drive the real vette, no hemi's

Michael (F22Trainer)(passenger???)

Stephen Davidson (passenger???)

Robert Pilchman

Catbert & Mrs. Catbert fruit platter

Tim & Johnnie (hopefully)

Milan & DeAnna Eaton

Joe (VMI Vette) (passenger???)

Jim & Dorothy Apple Pies

Jay & Susan in their 1980

Supercharged Phil & Lisa yelling "SLOW DOWN"

Earl & Elaine Balentine couple cases of beer

John And Beverly SeegerPotato Salad

Lori + husband

Keith & TD Bear Old Dry Rolls

Chuck D.

Rich Zackman & Wife

Bob Kroener & wife

Plus a couple more with Tony

Sierra Vista

Dion And Deb Anderson

Dave and Ann Zilinski

Nick Farkas (if car is done)

Danny Farkas +1

Bill and Sue Rose

Randall Peters

Wallace Ricks

EDIT !!!

Hey, I'm magic, I made one Eddie out of two.... :thumbs:

Looks like there will be at least three of us meeting at my house (right off SR51 & T-bird) in order to caravan down from the northside. Anyone else interested?

Big change

We as of today, we have moved the BBQ to the Gila Bend Elks Lodge.

Only one thing is going to change, there will be a full open bar, you can still bring your own soda if you want, and we have some waters?

The only draw back is you will not be able to bring in your own beer. I hope this doesn?t inconvenience anyone, but it?s all for the better.

We will now have almost 40 acres to park, tons of seating, and plenty of room to serve the food, plus if it does decide to rain, lots of indoor room too?..

The Elks Lodge is on the far east end of Gila Bend, before you enter town on the north side of the road?

This info will also be posted on both forums.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions?