***WARNING*** Most Dealerships are Clueless on taking care of your Paint

Wishbone

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello Ace members, I thought I would put another pole together so we can here some stories that were great and those stories that make you boil just bringing it up! As we brought the cars from Loud Pedal Motor Sports to Super Chevy Car Show to set up I proved my case to the eye holders of poor washing methods. Case in point, right next too Dave's HUGE BOOTH and cars are being displayed A dealership had some of there cars next to us for show and tell. Well there just happened to be a BRAND NEW ZR1 in no other color than you guessed it BLACK. I am not a betting man but I am sure that when tomorrow comes and thousands of people walk through the narrow path at the show are going to see a HUGE difference between Bling and Ding.... So I thought WOW I would be livid if I were to of just spent $130,000 + for a Brand New ZR1 and the paint scrathed from hell... So whats your story?

No stories, but I do know if you order a new vette you can ask them to not touch it when it rolls off the truck. And make sure the service writer knows you DON"T want the free dealer installed scratches if you bring it in for service.

I made the mistake of having a dealer detail my '92. Eights hours and $290.00 later the car was nicer before they touched it. Never again. :banghead:banghead:facepalm:

Robert, did you notice the absense of orange peel on that ZR1? I think they color sanded it and attempted to buffer it out. :facepalm:

No stories, but I do know if you order a new vette you can ask them to not touch it when it rolls off the truck.

And make sure the service writer knows you DON"T want the free dealer installed scratches if you bring it in for service.

Like Always Dwayne the Big Dog with a Political point of view. We dont have to say who we had the bad experience from just the story. But yes I agree with Dog about having your service writer make sure your car is not to be touched when serviced.

I take my car to Gateway, well that was until I broke the ice with LPM and I now take all my work to them. But John at Gateway always took care of me.

fourseventeen

aint no mofo touchin my cars paint unless I know and trust that person!

wickedfastvette

My son worked at a Chevy dealership and I used to go in there and b!tch out the manager(friend of mine) about the way they treated the vettes it was complete BS water spots, scratches, letting them sit in the sun etc.

wickedfastvette

My son worked at a Chevy dealership and I used to go in there and b!tch out the manager(friend of mine) about the way they treated the vettes it was complete BS water spots, scratches, letting them sit in the sun etc.

Nobody touches my car but me! But I would trust Robert (Wishbone)

at our dealership the techs dont wash the vettes and they are never ran through the automated wash. if the customer requests it we hand them to the detail guys to hand wash

Thorobred in Chandler will wash every car after each service. I told them not to wash mine and they said it does not apply to Corvettes. They say the owners are too picky. :thankyou: