Detailing in Tucson

Guest gtmotor

Guest gtmotor

I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers, but I just had my C6 detailed today by "Soul Image Detailing". I met the owner/detailer Lenny during my days in the BMW crowd and he does an awesome job. BMWs have notoriously soft paint so he's had a lot of experience with fragile paint jobs. The car came out looking (and smelling) simply amazing. I'm waiting for pictures right now and will post them up as soon as I get them. The owner is active on the Autopia detailing site and uses only top notch products, towels, and techniques. I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer. http://www.soulimagedetailing.com/ This is a good option if you want a good detailer in Tucson that knows what they are doing and won't mess up your paint. Final thing that made me think about posting this thread... his price is excellent :banannadance:

Not to rain on any parade, but as soon as I see "waterless" car care products I cringe. :facepalm: I have never used those products, but I bet there's silicon in them. Just my .02

Yup A Pro I tell Yah! :jd Completely wrong washing techniques NUF Said+ Silicone + Fillers to fill in scratches = Disaster :lolfail: Run Forest Run!!!!! :bolt:

Guest gtmotor

Pics! I'm not sure where you guys got waterless washing from? I never mentioned that and it's only one product that Chemical Guys offers (probably created for the hippies in the People's Republic of Kalifornia). I can assure you he knows what he's doing...

Posted Image

^ Foaming it up with Citrus Wash

Posted Image

^ Cleaning and treating the wheel wells with a water-based treatment (Chemical Guys "Bare Bones")

Posted Image

^ Wheels were removed, cleaned, and waxed. He used a different water-based treatment on the tires. After it dried it has NO residue... I've never seen anything like it.

Posted Image

^ Engine bay detail. Same Bare-Bones water-based treatment

Posted Image

^ Yikes. A LOT of crap came off with the claybar even after the citrus wash. He had to use two pieces of clay after this one got gunked up... I'm kind of embarrassed. :facepalm:

Posted Image

^ After a claying, machine polish, glaze, and Jetseal109. I've never seen white paint shine like this :partydance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm very happy with the results :rockon2:

Pics! I'm not sure where you guys got waterless washing from? I never mentioned that and it's only one product that Chemical Guys offers (probably created for the hippies in the People's Republic of Kalifornia). I can assure you he knows what he's doing...

Posted Image

^ Foaming it up with Citrus Wash

Posted Image

^ Cleaning and treating the wheel wells with a water-based treatment (Chemical Guys "Bare Bones")

Posted Image

^ Wheels were removed, cleaned, and waxed. He used a different water-based treatment on the tires. After it dried it has NO residue... I've never seen anything like it.

Posted Image

^ Engine bay detail. Same Bare-Bones water-based treatment

Posted Image

^ Yikes. A LOT of crap came off with the claybar even after the citrus wash. He had to use two pieces of clay after this one got gunked up... I'm kind of embarrassed. :facepalm:

Posted Image

^ After a claying, machine polish, glaze, and Jetseal109. I've never seen white paint shine like this :partydance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm very happy with the results :rockon2:

Ok I am going to try my best to be as nice as possiable. I am not here to flame you or your so called detailer. However, I have been doing this for many years and your pictures show absolutely nothing in my mind for me to say your detailer has done anything to your paint other than spread some chemicals on the paint. Your car is white which hides the most amount of imperfections. You have not explained what kind of condition your paint was in, nor did you explain or show any pictures up close of the paint under halogen lights.

Judging from the clay bar I see two major problems. First one, your so called detailer did not rotate the claybar enough not to mention change it out a couple of times which was scrathing your paint. Second, if that was the clay bar from your ride either you or the previous owner neglected the hell out of that paint which also tells me that your car has more scratches that it would literally take me 20 Hours plus to FIX THE PROBLEMS CORRECTLY. How do I kow this because I just finished a job that required the same amount of work to correct the prolems. Now I am not calling your detailer out because he has not posted up to what he has done to correct anything. But to be able to detail engine, under cariage, paint, wheels, engine compartment and interior is a huge job and one that would take a week to get done. I am willing to bet with 100% accuracy that your detailer did NOT correct any paint flaws in your paint. If he did he either had 4-5 people running machines on your ride or has a magic wand.

So to be honest with you, without any pics of exactly what your paint looked like before and after under halogen lights as well as pictures of the detailer buffing your car, I see nothing more than a Synthetic Wash and wax.

The only thing that matters is if you are happy with the results.

But to say that your So called Detailer has any Clue to what he is doing I am going to have to say most probably not at this time....

Guest LOUDMIKE

Well I have to say the car looks great. I didnt watch the process but my .02 worth is as long as your happy great!!! CAR LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!I love seeing Vette owners take such great care of their cars!!!

Blue Angel Vette

Your car looks awesome. If you are happy with the results and the workmanship of the detailer then that's all that matters. Be fortunate that you guys have detailers like this in the Phoenix and Tucson areas. I don't believe Yuma has any detailers of this level. And if we do I have not heard of any.

Guest gtmotor

Just to clarify a bit: - I paid for a detail not a paint correction - I mentioned in my previous post that the clay was changed several times. The picture above was just from the hood... - I am the second owner of the car and just picked it up. The 6 years of accumulation (Nov 04 build) was from the previous owner Thanks for the props guys... I find myself staring at the car because of how good it looks. I'm not a detailer, but as an engineer I'm simply amazed at the optical clarity the paint has (there is absolutely no haziness in the reflections off of it). That being said, if you have a show car you may want to go to someone with more experience. If you drive your car on the street on a semi-daily basis like I do then this is a good low-cost option :banannadance:

I drive my car everyday so please spare me the sarcasm. I am a detailer and I apologize if you feel I am attacking you. However what I have problems with is people coming onto the forums and giving miss information or in your case completely wrong information. I talk to people all the time who have been duped and or tricked into having their vehicle detailed. In the end result I have to fix mystakes from people who call themselves pro's. A detailer does Everything. A real detailer educates and uses proper techniques in paint correction and protection. Anybody can throw on a product of some type of silicone spray and call themselves detailers. These are the people who give real detailers a bad name. He'll I could of saved you a ton of money and gave you a reference to go to Danny's car wash they will do the same job for $39. Your car is going to look good until you wash it and than all of the hard earned money that you spend goes down the drain. Like I stated before if your happy great, but to say your friend is a great detailer is a far cry. As being a detailer for ACE it is my duty to make sure the info and advise is factual and true and not mis representation of detailing.

Sorry about my "waterless" comment in regards to your first post. What I meant was after looking at his site and seeing "waterless" products I made an assumption based on his site, my bad bad, but still makes me wonder. Glad you like the final product. :partydance:

Omg really! I am sorry that everybody is so sensitive. You know what forget this, I don't need this crap I get it from my own kids. But when you get your car back hacked up like some others on here don't come crying to me to bale you out.

Guest gtmotor

Apparently the caveat in the very first line of the original post didn't have any affect lol. Wishbone: It's hard to think you're NOT attacking me when you're making comments about me giving completely wrong information (not sure how I've done that), making libelous assumptions toward another person's products and techniques, and continually insisting that I've wasted my money without seeing the car. The detailer I've mentioned is not a close friend but I keep posting in his defense because he's starting to get a bad name without any just cause. None of us were there to witness his technique; all we know is what products he used and the pictures of the end result. I never meant any sarcasm or disrespect in my previous post. I am admittedly bad at keeping my daily driver clean so I made that comment toward others that are like me.