NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Mod bug strikes again!

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

Mike put on the LS2/FAST 90mm combo. LOVE IT!!

A BIG thanks to Mike (AZP&S) for the great and swift install and for always treating us ACE members right :yesnod and to Nic for the outstanding tune as always.:cheers The back tires HATE this new setup. :burnout

post-3-1145162012.jpg

Guest Sidewinder

I am very happy with the numbers!! I have a graph from before the install but it was on another dyno so I can't really compare the two.

post-3-1145162808.jpg

Very Cool :cool

Seeing that you did not have to pay for a Speeding Ticket, you now have money to spend elsewhere. :yesnod

Phil... :devil

Guest Kens06

What was Mike smoking when he printed that run??

MPH instead of RPM??

Mark, you have a printout from the dyno day with 425 and 380 something with a bad clutch?? I have the video remember!!

The car has never looked better than what it does now!!

Ken

Nice!!! I like them numbers also! Good purchase, good service and and nic on the tune!, well it just don't get no better than that! :yesnod

Nice paint job there also! :thumbs

Guest Sidewinder

Ken,

The printer at ADC is broken so they email it to you and you open it up in a program you download from Dynojet. It's actually pretty cool. You can change the graph's side inputs to what ever you want. I had it set to MPH instead of RPM, my bad. Tanya's car had about a 10 HP loss from Prodyno to ADC. So, if ya want to add 10 I gues that would be the difference between the two.

Thanks guys :flag

Guest Sidewinder

Here is the changed graph w/RPM. I changed the smoothing to 0 (whatever the hell that is) to show the most detail in the curve, I guess the default is set to five. If it should be set elsewhere you dyno guys just chime in. Thanks :flag

post-3-1145206849.jpg

Is it just me... or does it seem like AZ- PS gets much higher dyno numbers out of their cars than Xtreme motorsports....

Is it just me... or does it seem like AZ- PS gets much higher dyno numbers out of their cars than Xtreme motorsports....

there's a long story behind that - it actually starts with the fact that they have 2 different brands of dynos

from what i recall, there are 3 brands of dynomometers and each one has different readings - there is actually a formula out there that puts them on a level playing field, i just don't know what it is!

Nice!!!  I like them numbers also! Good purchase, good service and and nic on the tune!, well it just don't get no better than that!  :yesnod

Nice paint job there also!  :thumbs

mine was supposed to be painted black too when it was removed :leaving

Yes. From what I know, there are two main types of dynos used. Dynojet, and Mustang Dyno. I believe Xtreme uses the dynojet, which usually dynos MORE than the mustang dyno.

I know very little, but I am just wondering how a head -cam package and bolt ons from AZ PS are putting numbers like 475 rwp?

Guest XLR8TNC5
Yes. From what I know, there are two main types of dynos used. Dynojet, and Mustang Dyno. I believe Xtreme uses the dynojet, which usually dynos MORE than the mustang dyno.

I know very little, but I am just wondering how a head -cam package and bolt ons from AZ PS are putting numbers like 475 rwp?

I think a lot of it has to do with the way the car is strapped down too doesn't it? I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that a tighter tie down would make for more accurate numbers. Also, the kind of gas and whatnot in the car at the time makes a difference? Right? Or am I way off here?

Tanya

My car was tuned by Nic last Aug and dyno at Pro Dyno and it had 575 RWHP. Then it was dynoed at Extreme last Feb and there I got 569 RWHP.

So I would say the two dyno runs were pretty close in numbers used on my car even 7 months between runs.

Is your question related to the dyno's or the tuners? I think you are refering to the tuners.

Yes. From what I know, there are two main types of dynos used.  Dynojet, and Mustang Dyno. I believe Xtreme uses the dynojet, which usually dynos MORE than the mustang dyno.

AZPS uses everybody else's dynos since they don't have their own. They use the 3 main dynojets in the east valley, Arizona Dyno Chip, Pro Dyno, and Xtreme motorsports. All dynojets read pretty much the same with only a 1-2% difference between them all and that's because of how tightly they are strapped down each time. For example Pro Dyno doesn't strap the car down as heavily as arizona dyno chip and that can be 10 rwhp due to rolling resistance of the tire, etc. A mustang dyno is a load bearing dyno and generally reads about 15% lower than a dynojet. Both are very accurate dynos, just give different numbers. If anybody says otherwise I would turn and run. What a dyno doesn't account for is what the car's computer is doing. It may be pulling timing due to heat, knock, or maybe it's hitting another table that wasn't accounted for changing how the engine runs.

As for what AZPS makes with head/cam cars, a lot of the stuff they have been doing lately is full bolt on cam only LS2s and they are making 450 rwhp with their largest camshaft. PJs LS1 f-body made 485 with a stock bottom end and full bolt ons with an agressive heads/cam.

They aren't doing the same type of combos, if they were they would be the same.

:contributing to the hijack: :rolf

Guest AZ Power & Sound

the only dynos we use are Xtremes and ADCs... 50/50 split on both and Ive yet to see any different results! Last time I used Pro Dynos dyno was on dyno day.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Yes. From what I know, there are two main types of dynos used.  Dynojet, and Mustang Dyno. I believe Xtreme uses the dynojet, which usually dynos MORE than the mustang dyno.

We have our own custom line of camshafts not available to anyone else in the US and we have proven their results over every other company :) we currently hold the majority of stock bottom end as well as cam only results in the country... Joe made 487 rwhp with our AZPS02 and AFR heads, one of my other customers, PJ, made 485 rwhp with the AZPS04 and TEA stage 2.5 heads, and there are a handful of 449-455 rwhp cam only AZPS03 cars!

Yes, those are amazing numbers. Then your secret cam must be the key, because I have not seen any tuners put those high dyno numbers out in the entire country besides AZPower.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Yes, those are amazing numbers. Then your secret cam must be the key, because I have not seen any tuners put those high dyno numbers out in the entire country besides AZPower.

We are beating every other vendor on LS1GTO by at least 20 rwhp :)

Guest Kens06

Nice semi Hi-jack..............

I call it 'semi' because Mikes' name was mentioned in the original!!

If you go chasing dyno numbers, just open your bank account to the tuners!!

Give 35% to the IRS, another 30% to the tuner war!!

Eat beans and rice to have a place to stay!! :cuss

If you can affort the ride, Fine!!

If you can't, WAKE UP!!!

Ken